Bradfield School

Have sent you a private message.

Being bullied at school had a massive effect on my confidence for so many years - even now thinking about it brings back those horrible feelings again:(

Trying to remember more teachers now, i hated most of them tho! Mr chlolij taught me french and he had got to be one of the scruffiest men ive ever seen he darned his navy jumper with light blue wool under the armpits, probably cos the sweaty bits had rotted the fabric! He wore odd socks and had terrible hair like gene wilder / willy wonka. I was so fascinated with his disgustingness i achieved bugger all in french!

Edited by Traceymoo
Misspelt

I don't remember that French teacher.

I had Mr Frost (aka Tweek) teach me French in the first year and I learned absolutely nothing.

All we did for the entire year was copy a French novel out of the book into our exercise books whilst he went in his office and drank whiskey ! Not joking !

Consequently I really struggled in my second year with the lovely Mrs Kaye.

Mr Crowther was the headmaster in my first year and ruled the school with a rod of iron and a very keen cane !

Feel exactly like you about thinking about school. Couldnt wait to leave. Bradfield seemed to breed teachers who hated kids, infact some of thrm actually actively joined in with the bullying. Mrs clarke (apparently now deceased) was one of the worst. She was only young aswell. She was a complete psycho who thrived on making people suffer.

---------- Post added 24-10-2015 at 11:44 ----------

Freach consisted of 'la famille marsaud' you would just go thru a booklet about what jean paul, marie france, claudette, maman et papa et le chien got up to! Not very inspiring!! Haha

I loved Mr Clotworthy - the young Irish man with a dodgy arm who taught Chemistry. He had a cheeky smile and a very strong Irish accent - played hockey and shinty.

I believed he married a girl who he taught years later - now sadly deceased.

---------- Post added 24-10-2015 at 11:46 ----------

Feel exactly like you about thinking about school. Couldnt wait to leave. Bradfield seemed to breed teachers who hated kids, infact some of thrm actually actively joined in with the bullying. Mrs clarke (apparently now deceased) was one of the worst. She was only young aswell. She was a complete psycho who thrived on making people suffer.

---------- Post added 24-10-2015 at 11:44 ----------

Freach consisted of 'la famille marsaud' you would just go thru a booklet about what jean paul, marie france, claudette, maman et papa et le chien got up to! Not very inspiring!! Haha

OMG ! Le Famille Marsaud ! Forgotten them !

Hi Tracey.

As you were there between 75 and 79, I reckon that you'll remember many of these pupils then?:-

Tim Paisley, Neil Johnson, Russell Turner, Mick Glenn, Paul Finney, Mark Elsdon, Warwick Ibbotson, Andrew Cooper, Mick Wall, Paul Browning, Mark Hartley, Kerry Walker, Andrew Hague, Kieran O'Brien, Dean Rogers, Mark Ledger, Paul Bembrick, Mark Rhodes, Philip Dyson, Nigel Raven, Jonathan Coulter, Mark Simpson.

And the girls?:- Christine Miesczkak, Gail Piper, Michelle Holmes, Elaine Goddard, Anne Stenton, Karen Senior, Jill Froggatt, Caroline Parker, Prudence Cahill, Ruth Simms, Lisa Casson, Penny Loftus, Alex Hickerman (RIP), Anne Benton, Sonia Brown, Caroline England, Tracy Sutton, Helen Parker, Juanita Porrill, Julie Dabbs.

I wonder what they're all doing now?

Edited by Darkoak

Yes i remember most of these pupils, some of them were good friends of mine such os gayle piper and sonia brown. Sadly sonya was killed in a car accident when she was about 18 years old. She was always at my house. Very sad.

Yes i remember most of these pupils, some of them were good friends of mine such os gayle piper and sonia brown. Sadly sonya was killed in a car accident when she was about 18 years old. She was always at my house. Very sad.

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that, Tracey. As you say, very sad.

Just like you, I've lost touch with many of them and only 'bump' in to a couple of them every now and again. However, I understand that Michelle now lives in Portugal, Jill in Sweden and Julie in Australia, so perhaps there's no wonder!!

That teacher the girls used to line up and kiss - were his initials 'SW' by any chance?!

that brought back a few memories, I'm a bit younger but some of those people had brothers & sisters in my year...

Mick Wall, Mark Rhodes (I think), Mark Simpson, Jill Froggatt, Caroline Parker

Hi Jill long time no see.

Hi....yeah same, no idea who you are though lol x

My Grandfather supplied the coach to take the kids home in the early 60's is there anyone that remembers he use to take them on the Strines( Geo e Whitley coaches). One Christmas brake I remember running out on the route the day they were about to return to school and we got stuck in a snow drift and one of the lads came in a tractor to tow us out. I heard not long after the lad had killed himself.

Edited by Asaw