Bradfield School

dark oak, many of those former pupils names are very familiar, a couple of years older than me though, but I remember most of the ones from Stannington

Yeah I remember all the above teachers etc, left there in 1979. Those were the days, and does anyone remember when they made Joanne Davies from Wharncliffe side do the Funky Gibbon in the school playground (they were cruel).

Wasn't there a family of 3 Davies girls - Faith, Helen and Joanne?

when i first started at bradfield mr bancrofts wife was also a teacher there they were known as yogi and booboo

We used to go to the little park in 1981 just down the road from the school

Do the kids still use the coach to go to school?

I left Bradfield in 1983 (after abandoning A levels after 1 year in the the 6th form)

remember yogi, but don't recall him having a wife teaching there, perhaps I never 'had' her

anyone remember mr Lambourne, he was my form teacher for my 1st 2 years, our form room was right down at the far end of the school, the class with the gerbils & locusts (or was I just halucinating?)

fave feachers? mr rose(?), mr taylor, prog rock/god squad maths teacher with mexican style moustache! ... I'm struggling now

least favourite? the bearded stern faced maths teacher, looked a bit like Peter Sutcliffe, mrs barnaby, kinder/towning double act...

it's that long ago I can't remember

anyone remember the stories of a 'ghost'? some black figure with RED eyes!!!

used to knock about near the metal work room / 6t form common room area!

I used to know Jill Saddington, Michelle Thompson and Nikki Ekin

I think the maths teacher was Mr Ian Warby,but his nickname was Isaac.

I left Bradfield in 1983....great times there...and i'm the Jill Saddington someone said about lol...not sure who, don't know the tag names on here! We have a reunion this Saturday 26th at Park Hotel, Hillsborough if anyone is interested though?

my name was mentioned further up by Darkoak.

I was at Loxley PS and then Bradfield 75-79, then A levels til 81.

I reckonise heaps of the names so I'm guessing we must have been in the same circle. It freaked me out when I went on the school website recently! The corridors are exactly the same, it was like walkin down memory lane. I bored my teenagers silly giving them a comentary of where everything was at the school....that's the library and there's the six form common room..blah blah blah. They yawned and walked off. The youth of today aren't interested in history. That's 30+ yrs ago:o

anyone remember bradfield school between 1955 & 1960

Just come across this post.... It's been going for a while now. I was in 5PM too! Mr Milner's registration class in the 'temporary classrooms' at the side of the yard. They were cold in winter. Can you remember how everybody used to sit on the cages when we got to the classrooms in the morning. They were protecting the inadequate electric heaters??? After a few weeks they had got crushed so much that they were touching the top of them!

I lived in Stannington at that time so here's a few names: John Martin, Dan Church, Andy Milner, Sam Wragg, Martin Hamblin, Nick Packham, Melvyn Revitt, Andrew Wright, Danny Wright, Bernard Tyas, Jeremy Bell, Peter Piercy, Simon Elliott, Richard Walker, Andrew Cain, John Dyson, Alan Calderbank, Shaun Fowler. The girls: Liz Jackson, Alison Ayres, Rachel Case, Angela Smith, Jane Bryson, Shelley Whitehead, Andrea Plant, Cindy Fletcher, Ethel Battersby, Wendy Lee, Lisa harris [she went to the USA early on]

I saw Billy Wordsworth (PE teacher) in Meadowhall two months ago - he hasn't changed a bit. My daughter goes to Bradfield and the only survivor of the teaching staff from when we went is Holmesy. Remember that little Mini he had with all the spotlights on the front? How about the Biology teacher Mr Rogers ['Ginner']? he used to recommend eating dog biscuits!!!

I met Rachel case about a year ago. She said she was going to try to organise a reunion. Not sure how successful it was. It'd be great to talk 'old times'