Bradfield School

Is there any people who were at Bradfield comp in the early 70`s.

I left at easter 72, and have lost contact with everyone. As I left the area then moved out of Sheffield altogether. Also anyone who lived in the Middlewood Hospital houses in Stockarth Close, now demolished. That was a shock I can tell you. Would love to here from anyone.

I understand that most of Middlewood Hospital has also been demolished. I thought it was a listed building?

i was at bradfield 68-73 and my wife was there 71-76 and i am listed in friends reunited

as to middlewood hospital afaik it was only the clock tower that was listed?

dave

Hi Frank, I didnt go to Bradfield Comp: But I lived on Stockarth Lane until about 1973. I also worked as a telephonist & receptionist at Middlewood Hospital in the mid to late 60's. I remember the hospital houses being built & before they were finished the locals christened them Coconut Grove & Banana Ave?

I knew most of the people who lived in the older hospital Houses fronting onto Middlewood Rd.It was a shock to me when I returned to the UK 3 years ago to see the hospital gone & a new housing estate being built were the hospital used to be. I think only the clock tower has been left & the old gate house at the bottom of the grounds. I think they were also building on what used to be crown land between Stockarth Lane & the hospital (very sad). Our local pub for almost all the hospital staff used to be the Middlewood Tavern which used to be a great pub, but not so now by all accounts Regards Janet

I had my first legal pint in the Middlewood Tavern after the odd one over the previous couple of years. The guy who ran it was called Jack. After that they knocked all the rooms into one. I also used to live on the end house on Middlewood rd I left in 72 my perents left in 77. The firts two houses on Stockarth lane used to belong to the police and i remember a retired copper living there.

My Dad used to call it Commonwalth Close. I rememder Irish, Scots. Welsh, Indian. Australian. Chinese. South african. Nigerian o and the odd English

Frank, the guy who ran the Middlewood Tavern then was Jack Joyce & his wife Mary, they had a daughter Jossie. Both Jack & Mary are now dead. They were very good friends of my parents.It used to be one of the best pubs around.

The retired copper was probably the guy who had lived there for many many years Alan. (our alsation dog once bit him as he tried to come in our back gate for a cuppa)

I remember Morriss's used to live in the older houses & Bradshaws & another fella called Arthur can't remember his surname. I think Newboulds lived in the end house nearest Stockarth Lane.

Yes it was because of the multicultural mix that it also got called coconut ave. Etc.

We probably know heaps of the same people.

I went there from '93-'98, i know it's not the seventies but I think there were some of the teachers still there from that period and still work there now.

i left 02!

n stil some oldies there now, like warby, holmesy etc etc!

ne1 else?

i go 2 Braddy now (2004), but i'll be leavin in the summer. Mr Warby's not there anymore but some of the oldies are still there like Mr Holmes. its really great 2 hear about all these ppl from the 70's that used to go to my school!

On the bench at the Wadsley Commom top car park is scrawled the statement;

"Bradfield rule the world of hard ****s"

As a Wisewood pupils, I found this very amusing.

When I was at Bradfield we had no need to advertise that fact

anybody from bradfield school-great memories of that time .I left in 1971--if my memory serves me well!