Lost wallet - contacting cab companies?

kilo

I think I may have left my wallet in a black cab on saturday night, and was just wondering if anyone one would have a contact number to be able to phone the head office up if there is one. I have looked in the yellow pages etc and have found nothing.

• 4 years later...

About six years ago I was coming back from Gatecrasher one Sunday morning in a taxi. As soon the taxi pulled off after I'd got out, I realised I'd left my keys on the back seat. I shouted to the driver but he didn't hear me and drove off.

I then rang up one black cab firm who said it wasn't one of theirs, and that the majority of black cabs were managed by another firm (I forget the name now). I rang that firm later in the day but they didn't know who the driver was either. They did suggest, however, to leave a notice at the taxi rank at the train station, where the ticket office now is. I did this, leaving my mobile number (but obviously not my address!) I also went to West Bar police station and reported the keys lost, but I heard nothing from either place.

:(

I don't check my seat much at night after passengers get out. The next person in is most likely to find the article not the driver.:o

that's what I'd have thought as well. However there are bent cab drivers particularly when it comes to change - so that's something to watch out for.

Archived