Short walk Thurs 29th 6pm Endcliffe Park

There's something magical about walking through the woods at dusk.(For me,anyway..) That was a magical walk - I enjoyed every minute of it.It was lovely to meet Repunzel - what a lovely lady.Once again - great company and yummy sweets.

Here's to the next evening walk.:thumbsup:

Certainly was a fab walk - quite warm really and some people were stripping whilst on the move :P

The Birds were fab and the other birds that were jogging were even fabber :love: Definitely gonna take my camera in the summer and get snaps of both varieties :)

Rain held off until after the walk and had nice walk back to trams in the drizzle:)

Hope theres another walk next week - what with having Thursday afternoon off work and Friday - Monday off :thumbsup:

Well I`m up for next Thursday if anybody else is. Got any suggestions of where to go Grissom?

I wish i could have joined you but i didnt get home from work till 6.30 :(

Thats not good !

Not sure where to go Scubz :(

I went straight from work, maybe you could think about doing the same next time? Was really good tonight Nooka, you would have enjoyed it :)

Hi everybody....I just got in after a lovely evening out. I was going to say I think we did about 4 miles according to my OS map, but you already said it Scubz! Thank you all so much for making me feel welcome - I really enjoyed our evening walk and will do my best to get there for Sunday (complete with toffee's next time!) I hope we can walk that path again from Endcliffe Park as it is so easy for me to get to and I'm not sure where the other walks are or if I can get there. Roll on summer evenings!!

ps Repunzel isn't a FAIRY....tut. Rapunzel was the fair maiden trapped in her tower, growing her hair and packing her trinkets ready for impending rescue by knight in shining armour....still waiting!!

ps Repunzel isn't a FAIRY....tut. Rapunzel was the fair maiden trapped in her tower, growing her hair and packing her trinkets ready for impending rescue by knight in shining armour....still waiting!! [end quote]

Well I don`t know do I! Didnt have books or nuthin on our council estate when I grew up. Did notice your hair needed cutting though......need the name of a good barber?

Sounds like I missed a treat! :(

Still, should be up for the next one... maybe we should do the 5 Wiers again? Nice and central, and plenty of pub/public transport opportunities in case the weather turns naughty.

Sounds like I missed a treat! :(

Still, should be up for the next one... maybe we should do the 5 Wiers again? Nice and central, and plenty of pub/public transport opportunities in case the weather turns naughty.

That sounds like a good idea for a midweek walk. There are supposed to be all sorts of birds down there these days, kingfishers amongst them I`ve been told. At twilight on last nights walk there were all kinds of wildlife knocking about, possibly it would be the same there.

Do you want to start a thread, everybody who turned up last night agreed that Thursday would be the best night to walk every week, and that we`d all be available next Thursday. :)

I would like to do the 5 weirs walk. Can you believe ive lived in Sheffield all my life and never done it! :?