Sharrow Lantern Carnival-This Sunday 1st April!

Sharrow Lantern Carnival is here again! Come join in the enchanted garden themed celebration on Sunday 1st April.

Bring your lanterns, come in fancy dress, join the carnival parade!

Collect your lanterns from Highfield Trinity Church at 6pm if you made one or assemble at 7pm @ Mount Pleasant Park.

The parade will then weave it's way through the streets of Sharrow, accompanied by a whole range of live performance and spectacles, to end up at the General Cemetery for the finale party! Fire spinning, live music, dance performances to entertain until 10:30pm.

Come one and all and celebrate Spring! Spread the word...

Get in touch on number below if you'd like to volunteer still(meeting 8pm tonight at Highfield Trinity Church).

NOTE: if weather is too wet/windy the event will be postponed until Sun 11th April- check website http://www.creativeaction.net or call Nikki, 07729985267 for updates!

Woo, woo! can't wait! I've been meaning to go to this for the past 3 years. Forgot about it twice, and last year it got rained off so many times i lost track. But this year the weather looks good and the lanterns aren't goona excape this time:)

See you there.

This looks beautiful -

Boo! I'm away on the 1st. I hope it is postponed til the 11th!

We're hoping to come tonight, have been wanting to catch this for a long time. Looks magical in the photos, it's a wonderful concept!

Awfully sorry, but it looks like I'm rushed off my feet tonight. Busy with all kinds of sorting out of important things such as finding a job; so it looks like I won't be able to make it.

Have fun, though!

I'll be there

It's my first time and I'm looking forward to it!

Weather's looking great!

I have had a great night tonight, way above what I was expecting.

the band that came on after the power cut called Bison were awesome. Had everyone dancing to a bit of Ska/Reggae with a Sheffield accent!

Well done to the organisers of this event, it has been fantastic. Things like this are a great way to bring the community together, and I have to say despite the stick Sharrow gets from many of my associates, events like this and the summer Sharrow music festival show what a great community of people live in this area.

Thank you for a great night!!!

I have had a great night tonight, way above what I was expecting.

the band that came on after the power cut called Bison were awesome. Had everyone dancing to a bit of Ska/Reggae with a Sheffield accent!

Well done to the organisers of this event, it has been fantastic. Things like this are a great way to bring the community together, and I have to say despite the stick Sharrow gets from many of my associates, events like this and the summer Sharrow music festival show what a great community of people live in this area.

Thank you for a great night!!!

i've posted a blog entry about the lantern carnival, with some pics, on both my blogs, linked to below. thanks to everyone who organised it, it was GREAT! :)

what about a mushroom one for the autumnal equinox? i'd be up for helping to organise that...