Workingmens Club's seaside daytrips.

Pitsmoorboy / PopT, Cleethorpes with the Pitsmoor club on thetrain, spending money gone within the first hour. Then we used to walk round the machines that shoved money, and nudge them hoping for some to drop down. And check all the money trays of the one armed bandits just in case. After the regulation fish and chips it was either onto the sand, or back into the arcades, or Wonderland with the stall holders promising us that we'd get a prize even if we din't win.

BTW Pitsmoorboy, we have almost the same name, are we related?

I used to go on the trips with the arundel club when I was a kid got my tickets for virtually nothing as my dad used to be the drummer and my granddad was on the committee had some great times back in the 60's all queing up at the back of the club waiting for your coach to turn up and tring not to get on the same one as your mother, we used to get a pound to spend, a bottle of vimto and as many bags of crisps as we wanted.

Highlight of the Cleethorpes trip with Pitsmoor WMC. for me was dinnertime, always the safe Caf'e. near the railway station, eat half of your snap then throw the rest at your mates. Buns and bacon flying through the air. Happy days (oh memories leave me alone)

Guest poppins

We use to leave on the coach from a club opposite the Magnet pub, the Magnet was my Dads second home, and third and fourth ect. don't remember the name of the club though

Originally posted by pitsmoorlad

As a clue let's say that I was a teenager when England won the world cup and the Owls lost to Everton at Wembley. and I used to drink in the Loco club and the fox & duck.

1966 Mate

Originally posted by tosh13

1966 Mate Owls lost 3-2 after being ahaed 2-0 oh those were the day's

I remember going on the club trips with the spa club on birley moor road (it,s now the sherwood pub....shame).We used to go to all the useuall places Skeggy,Mablethorpe,Cleethorpes etc. We would all get a bag of coins to spend when we got there and the obligoritory sit down lunch,on the way back we used to get pop & crisps and by the time we got to Tickhill we,d all need the toilet and have to wait till we got back to the club.Incidently the spa club was a private club (members only)so the annual kids outing and easter where the only time kids where allowed in!!!.Anyone one else remember the spa club???????.My dad was on the commitee for yonks.

can anyone remember the WMC's daytrips to the seaside.

do they still have them?

there were rows of coaches all filled with children off to cleethorpes or skegness. we were given a handful of free tickets for rides for "Wonderland" and had a sit down fish and chip meal and a bag of sandwiches and a bun. two adults were allocated to each coach and off we went. i can't remember any bad behaviour, they prob got a thick ear from the minders if they did.

I remember going to Cleethorpse with the Darnall Green WMC. Like you say, rows of coaches lined up down towards High Hazels Park. We thought it was wonderful I guess as we didn't get holidays as such, and we all enjoyed the day out, with spending money (not much these days I guess) but we always used to look forward to them. What memories eh?!

I remember going to Cleethorpse with the Darnall Green WMC. Like you say, rows of coaches lined up down towards High Hazels Park. We thought it was wonderful I guess as we didn't get holidays as such, and we all enjoyed the day out, with spending money (not much these days I guess) but we always used to look forward to them. What memories eh?!
yes such happy memories i used to go with darnall green they used to go two days i think tuesday and wednesday there were masses of coaches and someyears i got to go both days as the darnall green was my grandad i was going to say second home but grandma always said it was is only home .anyway they were fun days apart from the bun fights in victoria cafe where we had dinner you always came out with more food on your cloths than what you eat but the kids of today don tknow what they were missing great times had by all it must have washed off on me as i have lived in cleethorpes for many years now

We use to leave on the coach from a club opposite the Magnet pub, the Magnet was my Dads second home, and third and fourth ect. don't remember the name of the club though

Southey Green Social Club?

Bushbaby

I relived it all. Thanks for the wonderful memories

Margaret

I used to go on the club trips with bellhouse road club. The old bloke accross from us used to get our tickets as my dad wasn`t a member. I can remember sitting on the coach with a bright orange badge attached to me with my name on it. We normally went to mablethorpe. I can remember going to the fair on the front and making a picture from swirling paint on a piece of paper while it spun around. My mum`s still got the picture (my dad used to save everything). Iwent with my kids a few years ago on a club trip from high green to Skeggy. I don`t think they do them now though.