Race for life MEGATHREAD

Race for Life 2006  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Race for Life 2006

• Yes I will be running!
    • No I won't be running but have sponsored someone
    • Why are you bothering?

well done girls, was a great day!!

Congratulations to everyone who took part! Was an excellent turn out!

I completed it and felt very proud :)

I'll second that, it was an excellent turnout, well done to everyone one of them.

I believe there was a total of 12,000 women and girls took part in the 2 events. It was a great atmosphere - although a little on the warm side in the sun for running !

I believe there was a total of 12,000 women and girls took part in the 2 events. It was a great atmosphere - although a little on the warm side in the sun for running !

I take it you managed to get things sorted? :)

Myself and my daughter had a great day, very emotional reading everyones back signs, had a few times where I had watery eyes. Time to start collecting the sponsor money :)

DD did it again today.:love: We did it together a couple of years ago, and its my goal to get back to reasonable fitness again for next year! Well done to everyone today. :clap:

Myself and my daughter had a great day, very emotional reading everyones back signs, had a few times where I had watery eyes. Time to start collecting the sponsor money :)

Congratualtions whitewitch and mini.:clap::clap::clap:

Yeah losing anyone is bad enough but some lost their kids, it is unimaginable.

Hi sorry for gate crashing the thread, don't know if anyone would be interested but there is a race for life for kids called little legs for life. This is an event you can organise yourselves in your area, I am currently organising one in Alcester, Warwickshire in the west midlands. You can contact Cancer Research who will help you set up your event.

Our event is on the 24th July and registrations are open until the 4th july if anyone wants to sign up to ours to see whats its all about. A bit of a travel i know! I can be contacted at [email protected] if you want more information

Yes I did thanks. There was a tent at the far side of the track - they had a list of all 6000 competitors and managed to locate my number and give me a hand written one. Good to see I wasn't the only one - there was quite a queue !

It was a fantastic day even though I did get burnt!!! Didnt think it would be that hot as when I left the house at 8:30am it was over cast!!! Such a great day and very emotional reading about all the people who have lost their lives to cancer!!! Well done everyone :)

Mrs mogwai84 ran it yesterday morning, it was fantastic to see so many people taking part.

I did the 2.30 race and was in front for quite a while then ended up doing my ankle in but instead of going to hospital i carried on in tears.I was last but had a steward holding me up a police bike in front of me and an ambulance behind but i finished it took me 1hr 20 mins and lots of tears and pain but i finished the cheering from others was fantastic from the pubs and the crowd got on their feet when i arrived in Don Valley totally amazing.Lots of rest for me now