Transport Companies Sheffield

it was riley,davis & barber, IIRC the barber being barbers from oughtibridge, they both went under around the same time. a company from barnsley(cant remember name at moment) took over barbers netto contract when they went under but now its being done by butts of northampton. am i right in saying netto have been bought out over the last couple of months?

Riley Dale and Barber, Ray Riley was ;), we took over the skf trunk Irvine to Luton

i used to work for j j osbourne doing days to birmingham and also nights to wian loading at at kit green tipping sheffield coop old albion reavers struggling to get back over woodhead some say good old days.

i used to work for j j osbourne doing days to birmingham and also nights to wian loading at at kit green tipping sheffield coop old albion reavers struggling to get back over woodhead some say good old days.

Bryan, you will know "samsonV8" then as he came to "Pickfords " from there.

Quinns yard is at Kiveton, alongside railway.

another of quinns Scania "R" series Quinns

1 of sheperds DAF

wesley nicholls of wadsley bridge DAF

clydsdales with four in line

some of the j g o drivers ,ducky ,lurch, uncle bill ,fred , black jack , terry (iv been a bad boy ):rolleyes:,and the main one rusty

Didn't P O Middleton do that Heinz Kitt Green job on an afternoon shift? I'm sure I've had lifts over Woodhead with them in the 70s.

Didn't P O Middleton do that Heinz Kitt Green job on an afternoon shift? I'm sure I've had lifts over Woodhead with them in the 70s.

they did that , think most of the fleet where Leylands ,it was night loading , morning tip , half load was hand ball and half forklift :mad:

Mason brothers , e s transport ,ernest seniors

they did that , think most of the fleet where Leylands ,it was night loading , morning tip , half load was hand ball and half forklift :mad:

I think they had Leyland Mastiffs Samson but it was long time ago.