Transport Companies Sheffield

:D

The list is endless. I forgot all about P O Middleton and Harry Waters.Geoff Hardisty was known as Wharncliffe Transport,he subbed for Wincanton at Maltby.

Hallam Freight was another,off Handsworth Road.

Chris

Saw G.Hardisty the other day.

---------- Post added 02-03-2017 at 17:33 ----------

The list is endless. I forgot all about P O Middleton and Harry Waters.Geoff Hardisty was known as Wharncliffe Transport,he subbed for Wincanton at Maltby..

Hallam Freight was another,off Wordsworth Road.

Chris

Saw G.Hardisty the other day

The list is endless. I forgot all about P O Middleton and Harry Waters.Geoff Hardisty was known as Wharncliffe Transport,he subbed for Wincanton at Maltby.

Hallam Freight was another,off Handsworth Road.

Chris

PO Middleton moved into the shed in Langdon Street when Tufnells vacated it and then later I believe they went to Wensley St?

---------- Post added 02-03-2017 at 19:31 ----------

My dad and a cousin of mine, Michael Elliott, worked for Cooper and Harts when they were in Chesterfield Road, both on the general haulage rather than removals which they were also renowned for. My dad always wanted to work for BRS but he was colour blind and failed their medical. Imwonder how many of the guys on here remember Dorothy's cafe at Tintwhistle and her "upside down custard tart"... it beggars belief that up to five wagons could be parked on their mini truck park.....good old days when four legs were eough and jacknifed artics were a rarity. Woodhead didn't get blocked by a couple of inches of snow in thise days.

Harry Waters was my step grandfather,Blagdens ran under the name of Yendor (Rodney) and

i used to repair the pneumacyclic gearboxes for PO Middletons when i was at Warringtons Transport where Geoff Hardistey was a regular there.Yes Middletons were on Wensley St a mate of mine was a mechanic there.If your reading this Graham long time no see Mel.

Edited by bullerboY

I have just posted on a new thread as didn't know if this one was still active !

Looking for the colour of Henry Boot lorries in the 1960's and any photos anyone may have.

Thanks.

Syd wood passed away Friday 13th July. My Grandad. My Dad Trevor Wood worked for Truswells as well as the manager

So sorry to hear about Syd,Legend in haulage will put a tribute on lost hauliers Facebook page, condolences NicolA

---------- Post added 02-08-2018 at 21:37 ----------

Syd wood passed away Friday 13th July. My Grandad. My Dad Trevor Wood worked for Truswells as well as the manager

Please keep us informed,any arrangements etc,Rob Askey sends his condolences regards Alan

My uncle had his own haulage company in the 80s n 90s his name is George lymer I'm trying to post some pictures but dont know how to can anyone advice please

My uncle had his own haulage company in the 80s n 90s his name is George lymer I'm trying to post some pictures but dont know how to can anyone advice please

Joseph smith denby st was oldest haulier in sheffield 1870  .....

Hi would anyone have any pictures of Leyland Clydesdale s that Caudles used to run , I have just bought one and looking for some ideas to restore it .

Edited by Mark Casterton
Mistake

On 17/10/2019 at 23:12, drhs said:

Joseph smith denby st was oldest haulier in sheffield 1870  .....

Use to work thear 1972

Did any of you old wagon guys ever do an overnight stop at Louie & Harold Smith's Bed & Breakfast in Tottenham N.London?

Grandma Lou regularly had Sheffield drivers in,  I had bit of an anomaly as 7/8 year old London lad  understanding the accent when drivers phoned in to book their beds, Gran told me to leave the phone alone.

We're talking late 50's & early 60's here.