Transport Companies Sheffield

Must be,I knew harold didnt he have a fruit shop at Oughti bridge.

anyone remember cowens on little london rd

Would that be George Cowen John? I remember a George Cowen with green Albion Reivers but they were on Carrfield Road,Heeley Green,that was in late 60s.

Chris

---------- Post added 24-02-2014 at 18:06 ----------

I knew Eric well as he was there at the same time as I was and when he had retired I popped up to see him a couple of times in the ball I also knew Don who I am sure worked for Vic Parker as well

There was a Don Morton worked for A E Evans same time as me,1970,lived up Oughtibridge way,going bald,looked like Pink Panther.:hihi:

Chris

A couple of pictures for Joe

These are of Fletchers Bakeries of Claywheels Lane

1380145_330878017096414_4637912187846483253_n_zpscd432a93.jpg

f7d07721-c8b3-49f7-8e0e-5feb9e92c375_zpsbe5330bc.jpg

Edited by phantom309
wrong phooto

Anyone remember H waters and sons on Greenland Rd. Harry was my Grandfather.

What year was you on Richmond Road rsol.

Stared work for them in 1958

I also remember the Ripley pig. I was working for the BRS Staniforth Road at the time and she was a well known character..

My late father , Eric Marshall worked at BRS, Staniforth road for 30 years till they closed down

---------- Post added 02-12-2014 at 18:10 ----------

I remember one or two from Staniforth Road in the 70s - Billy Walker and Alec Sampson spring to mind.

A Staniforth Road Leyland Beaver....

scan0276.jpg

And a Leyland Octopus plus two more LAD cabbed Octopussies from BRS on the SPT limestone job.

scan0186.jpg

And a Staniforth Road Seddon on t'Cliffe,CWE 776B.

img790.jpg

My late father Eric Marshall worke dat BRS Staniforth road for about 30 years till they closed down

Anyone remember Don who drove for BRS and picked up loads regularly when I worked at Firth Browns in Central warehouse in the mid sixties? I was involved in arranging transport to customers.

I remember on one occasion, whilst standing in for the absent overhead crane driver, I caught the hooks under the bed of his eight wheeler and lifted the back end clear of the ground. I'd be 21 at the time and just got my licence :)

Edited by PeterR

Booths Transport Olive Grove.

This may be of interest to someone on here. Found it in a secondhand book I bought. I found out it was taken outside what is now DotMot where Olive Grove Road joins East Bank Road. There's a date on the back - 1975

Boothstrucks_zpsd6a5fab6.jpg

Edited by Walkley0 Mum

the driver of the merc looks like bill greason one of three brothers who drove for ron around 1974.

hi sprocky I worked for Richmond rd around 1978 and remember the greason bros allways got the good runs you must remember twelley big fat guy with a handlebar tash I used to drive a big guy j4 4 wheeler when I first started they gave me an albion to take 4 drops to Liverpool I was only young and cocky then I remember going over the m62 got to the top of windy hill and knocked it out of gear when I looked at spedo I was doing 75 and it was shaking me out of the seat I put my foot on the break and no chance at that speed to slow down I pulled into 3rd lane put lights on and rode it out ****ing my self all the way took me about 5 miles to get it back in top gear I pulled onto hard shoulder and smoked 4 fags one after the other from that day to this I never did that same trick again a leason learnt as for Richmond rd great times but crap money

this is another Sheffield Company still going

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Stardes_zpse69eece8.jpg

When I worked at Sheffield forge & rolling mills on Bridge Street in 1952 I think it was Truswells that carted some of the steel rods from there with a horse and cart.

hi sprocky I worked for Richmond rd around 1978 and remember the greason bros allways got the good runs you must remember twelley big fat guy with a handlebar tash I used to drive a big guy j4 4 wheeler when I first started they gave me an albion to take 4 drops to Liverpool I was only young and cocky then I remember going over the m62 got to the top of windy hill and knocked it out of gear when I looked at spedo I was doing 75 and it was shaking me out of the seat I put my foot on the break and no chance at that speed to slow down I pulled into 3rd lane put lights on and rode it out ****ing my self all the way took me about 5 miles to get it back in top gear I pulled onto hard shoulder and smoked 4 fags one after the other from that day to this I never did that same trick again a leason learnt as for Richmond rd great times but crap money

Rod would that have been the Grayson brothers, Alan ,Keith, Billy ,Allan and Brian.

Did you know the gaffers Ron and Ken Sherwood.