Transport Companies Sheffield

Same father as Ken and Ron .

So what's your name then . As I said I worked with both Eric and Mark and served the sister with petrol she had a black A35 did they call her Shirley . Ron and Ken was the bosses . Ron liked to be one of the boys liked be there boss .Saw many fights between Ron and drivers. There was Londoner can remember his name but him Ron was always at it I think they worked together before I think at pickfords

---------- Post added 18-02-2014 at 20:04 ----------

So what's your name then . As I said I worked with both Eric and Mark and served the sister with petrol she had a black A35 did they call her Shirley . Ron and Ken was the bosses . Ron liked to be one of the boys liked be there boss .Saw many fights between Ron and drivers. There was Londoner can remember his name but him Ron was always at it I think they worked together before I think at pickfords

My name is George same as George Sherwood my father who started Richmond Road Garage .

My name is George same as George Sherwood my father who started Richmond Road Garage .

You never worked with Ron and Ken did you Was that you who lived at Misterton I'm sure I can remember something about relation living in that area running haulage company am I right or am thinking of someone else ?

Anyone rememember Dereck Lawton,Georgie Hughes,Rex North,Les Morton,Don Morton,Mick Shaw all worked for J.Shepered, or Barber Rd. also Eric Morton worked heavy haulage Pickfords.

Anyone rememember Dereck Lawton,Georgie Hughes,Rex North,Les Morton,Don Morton,Mick Shaw all worked for J.Shepered, or Barber Rd. also Eric Morton worked heavy haulage Pickfords.

I knew Eric well as he was there at the same time as I was and when he had retired I popped up to see him a couple of times in the ball I also knew Don who I am sure worked for Vic Parker as well

Maybe Don did work for Vic Parker,he retired from Gloystarne,also worked for them, Roy Saddington,Pete Brooke.

Was Pickfords yard on Queens Road.

anyone remember cowens on little london rd

Was Pickfords yard on Queens Road.

No Pickfords yard was on Brightside Lane it is between the two bridges just before Newall road lights, A.E.Evans tankers had a yard on Queens Road in the 60s

Tuffnells Any old drivers around 1953 -4 or 1960- 4 . Eastman, Farnall ,Collier Adams, Quinn, Hopkinson, White ( in Australia ), are few of the names i remember

Les Morton worked for Warringtons for years before Shepherds.He also worked for Bradleys.His son has M&N canvas at Eccles field.

Must be different Les Morton the Les Morton never had a son he had two daughters,little guy who lived in Oughtibridge,had rwo brothers Doug, Harold.