Transport Companies Sheffield

Thats Ron stood at the side of the wagon and I am sure the driver is called Bill

I knew you'd know me old pal.:cool:

I didn't know anybody at Richmond Road Garage.

Thats Ron stood at the side of the wagon and I am sure the driver is called Bill

Cheers phantom ,I now know that one of them is related to me.

HI would that be when Harry Wood was in charge of the garage

Yes he was I started when the garage was on Richmond Rd and Harry lived in the house next door there we moved to Holywell Rd .They had then Seddons Atkinson Erf Foden and a AEC

Plus 1 artic .Have some good memories of my time there

Yes he was I started when the garage was on Richmond Rd and Harry lived in the house next door there we moved to Holywell Rd .They had then Seddons Atkinson Erf Foden and a AEC

What year was you on Richmond Road rsol.

Harry was the chief engineer/ garage manager at Pickfords heavy haulage before he went to work for Ron as that s here I first knew him from, Harry took me out for my driving assessment at Pickfords this was well before HGV license's he took me out in a Scammell highwayman up around the city centre and round the back streets off of the wicker and then he had me reverse around a block of demolished houses off of Newall road all the way round on the blind side then back to the yard and a blind side reverse into the warehouse which was a lot more than the HGV test when it was introduced but it set me up as I was always able to blind side reverse as good as anyone for the rest of my driving career

Harry Atkinson's is mentioned in this thread. Is this the company which was based on Brightside Lane to my knowledge in the 40s and 50s and most probably before and after. My grandma lived at 404 from the very early 1900s. The Atkinson's were a lovely family. Was there a son called Ken? A very attractive daughter worked in the office. I loved to get in there when I visited my grandma and imagined I was at work even as a very small child. When my grandma died in 1951 Harry bought her house from my Mum and her sister for £650 as it had a huge yard which he could use for his lorries in addition to the yard he already had at 402. Such was the nature of the man, he did not turn out my aunt who lived there with her family. She chose to move out a few years later. Is this business still in existence somewhere else in the city run by Harry's current family? I wonder.

Harry Atkinson's is mentioned in this thread. Is this the company which was based on Brightside Lane to my knowledge in the 40s and 50s and most probably before and after. My grandma lived at 404 from the very early 1900s. The Atkinson's were a lovely family. Was there a son called Ken? A very attractive daughter worked in the office. I loved to get in there when I visited my grandma and imagined I was at work even as a very small child. When my grandma died in 1951 Harry bought her house from my Mum and her sister for £650 as it had a huge yard which he could use for his lorries in addition to the yard he already had at 402. Such was the nature of the man, he did not turn out my aunt who lived there with her family. She chose to move out a few years later. Is this business still in existence somewhere else in the city run by Harry's current family? I wonder.

Yes it was just through the traffic lights at Newall road on the right the wellington pub was on the corner I knew a couple of the drivers in the 60s but cannot recall their names just knew them from the pub as I worked a couple of hundred yards away

What year was you on Richmond Road rsol.

Started in 1958

Started in 1958

Cheers my father George Sherwood used to live there, he died around 1952 or 1953.

the driver of the merc looks like bill greason one of three brothers who drove for ron around 1974.

Cheers my father George Sherwood used to live there, he died around 1952 or 1953.

Are you part of the Sherwood family then but nothing to do with transport side I knocked about with Brian when he came to work for them would he be still alive .Did Ken have a son ?

Are you part of the Sherwood family then but nothing to do with transport side I knocked about with Brian when he came to work for them would he be still alive .Did Ken have a son ?

Same father as Ken and Ron .