Transport Companies Sheffield

Steve was the transport manager a bloke called Chris Lodge when you went there if it was I taught him to reverse artics at Sykes bulk liquids huddersfield when he was an apprentice fitter

yes he was bit full of himself if i remember rightly

thats right Britannia Removals have got the yard now

yes up there some time ago

Steve was the transport manager a bloke called Chris Lodge when you went there if it was I taught him to reverse artics at Sykes bulk liquids huddersfield when he was an apprentice fitter

J only the best :D

1490 artic 220 ridge

and DET 100L Leyland comet 4-wheeler ex London Scan on fullerton road.

Hi Steve I remember you now and was Brian the trailer fitter the sketal and heavy trailer for the blooms was home made wern't they but perfect for the job my mate Bob went to Trussies and I went to Exel at Brinsworth

Thats right they were. NCS trailers did the first one then Geoff with the beard did the others, and Eric Gamston drove the Sedd Atki 400 with 180 gardner on days. Me and Brian changed the 2-spd axle for a single spd axle when the diff bearings collasped and buggerd crown wheel up happy days.

9f8c0b80.pnghiSteve heres a pic of Eric gamston (R.i.P)-alan

9f8c0b80.pnghiSteve heres a pic of Eric gamston (R.i.P)-alan

face i remember and the lorry ,one of the many

face i remember and the lorry ,one of the many

His son & grandson both lorry drivers his brother (terry) drove the hyster on the ingot stockyard-any damage from the fire duncan

His son & grandson both lorry drivers his brother (terry) drove the hyster on the ingot stockyard-any damage from the fire duncan

terry was the lad with the smile on his face all the time

total write off the bubble shop.no injurys, the firemem did very well to save the other buildings next to it , bit singed but ok,and i have my mates 1947 albion in the shop behind :cool:it will be down to the museum next open day , think its the 18th march

Edited by samsonv8
forgot something

Hi, anyone remember a mate of my dads called Tony Brown.

He ran his own Scammell Routeman for Wheeler Rd and parked it in their yard at Albert Rd Heeley. Guess it would have been about1965 ish.

hi bryan, i too worked for ross, just before they was tacken over by humber warhousing and then got laid off, and humber started a new depot at frckley nr doncaster,the depot if you can call it that was on a farm,they grew potatoes and made frensh frise (chips) that we deliverd,i worked there untill i got sacked because i was emigrateing to canada,we left heathrow december 28 1974 and have never been back but my wife and i are finaly coming for a holliday this week we will be in sheffield may 26 until june 18.

Graham

better things to do with your money

That's right any new vehicles Seniors bought the reg number always ended with 0 such as SHE620S,980S,990S,60T,80T,90T,130T,650V and 660V he always said, it made it easier to remember the Reg

my dad bought 1490, 1510, 3710 artics albions and three albion 6 leggers 220 and 2 more that i canot remember, and ginhouse lane off Ernist ,