Transport Companies Sheffield

A Hallamshire Steel and File company Albion.

I only did a couple of loads out of their place,bright bar for Austins at Longbridge,what a poxy,overunionised place Austins was:rant:.

IMG_0033.jpg

A Wheeler Road Transport Scammell Trunker.They were part of the Ackworth Group along with Onward Transport of Stockport.Their yard was on Catley Road,Darnall.

IMG_0023.jpg

If I remember I had to fetch it back from somewhere down near Ipswich the driver was took ill while he was working,you say you worked for Barbers can remember the guy in the transport office called Hutchinson saw him at Shepards,Barbers ended up at the crane yard on Blackburn road last time I saw them

hi tom if i remember right when i was at barbers the transport manager was a guy called derek plant not a bad sort of guy but if you got on the wrong side of him you got some sh*t runs and dont forget we were all on trip money then

hi tom if i remember right when i was at barbers the transport manager was a guy called derek plant not a bad sort of guy but if you got on the wrong side of him you got some sh*t runs and dont forget we were all on trip money then
I did the multidrop stuff for them then, they gave me an old Leyland curtain side'r doing nights out with out the cab heater not working, them were the days.

mid to late 80s red and white bedford tm,s.detriot v6 and v8,s around tinsley.right screamers,on tip of me tongue-anyone:huh:

mid to late 80s red and white bedford tm,s.detriot v6 and v8,s around tinsley.right screamers,on tip of me tongue-anyone:huh:

Kirby Central at North Anston were the agents for them,their demo units were red and white.I had the pleasure of having a TM3800 demo on night trunk at Maltby,early 80s and it was "a rayt tool" as they say.Can't think of any haulier though.I know Gillots had some but I think they were all red.:confused:

I think it was "Truswells" who had a couple of the Bedfords

I think it was "Truswells" who had a couple of the Bedfords
they certainly did, if you log onto their website theres a picture of 1 in the surbiton street yard

just got it.kitchens transport!truswells had one with cummins engine.i worked as an apprentice at forgemasters and later passed hgv.by this time forgemasters had split up into seperate companies.i was part of river don castings. there was only two of us,fred swift and myself.we had leyland 4 wheel tipper (ykw98t) and (LKW858P) aec.always wondered what happened to my old marshal and found a picture of it 2weeks ago from 1994 in a field at grenoside..gutted!!!

just got it.kitchens transport!truswells had one with cummins engine.i worked as an apprentice at forgemasters and later passed hgv.by this time forgemasters had split up into seperate companies.i was part of river don castings. there was only two of us,fred swift and myself.we had leyland 4 wheel tipper (ykw98t) and (LKW858P) aec.always wondered what happened to my old marshal and found a picture of it 2weeks ago from 1994 in a field at grenoside..gutted!!!
hughes haulage also did contract work for forgemasters

was your old marshall in hemmingways field by any chance?