Transport Companies Sheffield

tmp55.jpg

CWB445B.jpgtmp55.jpg
cheers for the pictures samson, did osbournes move to a yard just off barbot hall industrial estate prior to them packing up?

hi all just been reading this thread and i remember a lot of the haulage firms you mention some good some not so good i worked for barber road services around about 1987 and we used to have a owner driver work for them he had a white n blue transconti did mostly container work cant remember his name he was a great guy bald head used to do middle east and ussr before he started at barbers when you said you drove one at barbers maybe it was his cant see old man barber buying one of them he loved his leyland road trains to much mine was the B reg black n silver
the mans name was morris deacon spent many a night with him in istanbull and romania on our way to middle east greatt guy and a good old mate i often think of him and wonder what hes up to Edited by bryan1943
spelling

cheers for the pictures samson, did osbournes move to a yard just off barbot hall industrial estate prior to them packing up?

no they stayed at Ginhouse lane ,the old man retired in 86, ron third youngest tried to run it after moveing down ginhouse lane ,to isac Israel walkers old yard ,ron (dell boy:D)will never change

the mans name was morris deacon spent many a night with him in istanbull and romania on our way to middle east greatt guy and a good old mate i often think of him and wonder what hes up to

Maurice or his brother Jack - I can't remember:rolleyes:-worked at A.E.Evans in the late 70s I think.I had left by then though.I remember them both when they were on LPG at Orgreave,both good lads.:cool:

Wheeler Road Transport,Catley Road,Darnall 9.Scammell Trunker 2.

IMG_0023.jpg

Hi there!

These threads are brilliant...there are obviously loads of folk out there with really good memories of their days with the transport companies! Why don't you all get together for a pie & pea night up at Sheffield Transport Sports Club at Meadowhead? We've got a large function room with it's own private bar...and loads of free parking. I'm sure loads of our regulars would love to meet up to have a good old chat about the old days!! Give us a call on 0114 2374130 if anyones interested.

Hi there!

These threads are brilliant...there are obviously loads of folk out there with really good memories of their days with the transport companies! Why don't you all get together for a pie & pea night up at Sheffield Transport Sports Club at Meadowhead? We've got a large function room with it's own private bar...and loads of free parking. I'm sure loads of our regulars would love to meet up to have a good old chat about the old days!! Give us a call on 0114 2374130 if anyones interested.

SYTM ,(southyorkshire transport museum)is haveing a pie and pea night on the 11th of june

Hi there...does anyone have any photos of a Sheffield bus from the 1920s please? Sheffield Transport Sports Club is having a mural painted to celebrate our history and a bus seems to be the ideal subject. can anyone help? Thanks!

chambler & illingworth are who i thought they were, just up from thorpes, i know a bloke who use to work for them who has sadly passed away, all he ever did was steel work from a company on thorncliffe industrial estate, may have been on behalf of thorpes as they use to run out of the same steel company

Granvil Hickman

was transport manager

Hi there...does anyone have any photos of a Sheffield bus from the 1920s please? Sheffield Transport Sports Club is having a mural painted to celebrate our history and a bus seems to be the ideal subject. can anyone help? Thanks!

...can definately help , but which sort are you after - single-decks, double-decks , trams ?

How big will the finished mural be ?

Why not a combination of vehicles over the years of ST !!!? ..;)

the mans name was morris deacon spent many a night with him in istanbull and romania on our way to middle east greatt guy and a good old mate i often think of him and wonder what hes up to

hi bryan just got back of my hols hence the late reply yes the guy with the transconti at barbers was morris deacon and as you said a great guy i remember on friday night i picked a 20 ft container up at felixstowe at about 1800hrs it had to be in glasgow for 0800hrs sat morning when i phoned barbers and told them i could not make that time as my time was up at 2100hrs he told me to swap trailers with morris and he would take it he ran through the night got there on time HAPPY DAYS OR WHAT

can you remember george furby he had 3 trucks moving flower from hull to fletchers in sheffield his trucks were based at canal wharf when the old buildings were up my dad used to drive for him (eric ward)