Transport Companies Sheffield

...yeah , also enjoying all the pics - thanks for sharing !!

yes know what you mean the only time my hands were clean was at the end of a fortnights holiday, then it was back to the rope burns, flathers also had hire motors my old friend drove for ropers, he hated two tiering gresey round bars from flathers, i wernt to fond of it either ?

yes know what you mean the only time my hands were clean was at the end of a fortnights holiday, then it was back to the rope burns, flathers also had hire motors my old friend drove for ropers, he hated two tiering gresey round bars from flathers, i wernt to fond of it either ?

I've tipped bars ex Birmingham area into Flathers odd times.I remember there was a female crane driver there,huge she was and could turn language out like nowt on earth.:D Wm Bradley off Surbiton Street,Attercliffe had a Scammell 8-legger in there,WWJ 761G and Mark Bradbury was the regular driver,way back in the 70s.

A photo taken inside Flathers,not sure who the Beaver belongs to......

img005-1.jpg

Which of you lot remember the 'Ripley Pig' !!!!!!

Which of you lot remember the 'Ripley Pig' !!!!!!

Guilty,but I didn't know her THAT well.:D

Old A61,Butterley Hill going up to Ripley,her pub was the Prince of Wales,she supped bottles of Guinness and threw an empty one at my wagon one day,I think it was intended for the Sheffield BRS wagon behind me.She was also known as Transistor Lil apparantly.I've seen her in wagons as far away as Llanwern,but I heard she got married to a driver from the North East,whether that's true or not no idea.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who remembers her.........................unless they've got summat to hide.:hihi:

was it wm bradleys who ran a bedford tk with the name "hot foot man" on the side, it was like a panic delivery wagon, i remember a mate drivin it a few times, i was too embarrassed to take that job on, it dint sound reight lol

was it wm bradleys who ran a bedford tk with the name "hot foot man" on the side, it was like a panic delivery wagon, i remember a mate drivin it a few times, i was too embarrassed to take that job on, it dint sound reight lol

Yes it was and they had a van as well - Hot Foot Man",did panic stuff for Flathers and Laycocks and others.My mate worked for Bradleys and if there were nowt for his land crab and it looked like t'hot foot man job he'd just try and get out of it.

Odd times it would be on Red Lion Gleadless car park and whoever was the jockey could get ready if he was in t'pub.:hihi:

I also remember the Ripley pig. I was working for the BRS Staniforth Road at the time and she was a well known character..

Yes it was and they had a van as well - Hot Foot Man",did panic stuff for Flathers and Laycocks and others.My mate worked for Bradleys and if there were nowt for his land crab and it looked like t'hot foot man job he'd just try and get out of it.

Odd times it would be on Red Lion Gleadless car park and whoever was the jockey could get ready if he was in t'pub.:hihi:

lol, most of the hot foot stuff was passed on to agency drivers IIRC

I also remember the Ripley pig. I was working for the BRS Staniforth Road at the time and she was a well known character..

I remember one or two from Staniforth Road in the 70s - Billy Walker and Alec Sampson spring to mind.

A Staniforth Road Leyland Beaver....

scan0276.jpg

And a Leyland Octopus plus two more LAD cabbed Octopussies from BRS on the SPT limestone job.

scan0186.jpg

And a Staniforth Road Seddon on t'Cliffe,CWE 776B.

img790.jpg