Transport Companies Sheffield

arnold pells were painted in blue & i think 1 was in a rusty brown colour, they all looked a bit of mismatched wrecks to be honest

Ah,right I've got him now,thanks.

A couple of Sid Harrison photos............

555336.jpg

x2.jpg

I remember them running about in SPT on internal work.They are remembered by nearly every lorry enthusiast.

And a couple of Richmond Road Garages.........

294qcco-1.jpg

11hxvkk.jpg

Ah,right I've got him now,thanks.

A couple of Sid Harrison photos............

555336.jpg

look here, by coincidence , my pic of HWJ 940C on a visit to Aldwalke last December 2010 !!...

012.jpg

Edited by bracken

A bit of Rotherham nostalgia,Eccles Aizlewood 1956 Atki,brand new,being weighed off for it's tare......photo courtesy of Mick Hird.

eccles1.jpg

A nice Askey ERF 6-legger............

img822.jpg

Robert Earl Marathon.

robertearl2.jpg

A bit out of town here,but anybody remember Marsdens from Gateford,Worksop - nice F88 and drag.

marsdenworksop.jpg

Are Marriots still going or have they pulled t'pin?

scan0614.jpg

And a nice Peter Davies photo of a Thomas Black Scania 110.IIRC they used to run over to Ellesmere Port on nights for black oil.

scan0617-1.jpg

Chris.

A bit of Rotherham nostalgia,Eccles Aizlewood 1956 Atki,brand new,being weighed off for it's tare......photo courtesy of Mick Hird.

eccles1.jpg

A nice Askey ERF 6-legger............

img822.jpg

Robert Earl Marathon.

robertearl2.jpg

A bit out of town here,but anybody remember Marsdens from Gateford,Worksop - nice F88 and drag.

marsdenworksop.jpg

Are Marriots still going or have they pulled t'pin?

scan0614.jpg

And a nice Peter Davies photo of a Thomas Black Scania 110.IIRC they used to run over to Ellesmere Port on nights for black oil.

scan0617-1.jpg

Chris.

dont quote me on this but marriots warehouse was destroyed by fire, not sure if any vehicles were destroyed in the fire, however since then, i dont know if they shut up shop or sold out, either way,all the ERF's were parked up in sid atkinsons yard with the name scrubbed off, i think sid must have bought these as i think iv seen at least 1 of the arctics painted in sids colours

I've googled A Marriott,just gives their address as Catley Road so maybe they are still operating.I left Sheffield for the IOM five years ago so I'm a bit out of touch.

Another H Askey photo,TK Bedford in snow...

img820.jpg

Yendor (Rodney reversed) Transport Ford D1000.I've had a couple of lifts in this very motor when on a dodgy night out :D

YendorSheffield.jpg

A 1954 reg Atki 8-leggger of Batchelors Foods Wadsley Bridge.H.Bradley did most of their work (was it H Bradley?) but I don't know if this wagon is theirs.

batchelorsfoods.jpg

J E Parker Albion.Photo courtesy of Alan Graham.

Picturestyrings010.jpg

P and S Transport,Paisley.They had a Rotherham phone number but I don't know if they had a yard or shared a yard there.Backloaded steel,a lot of billets for Scottish Stampings at Ayr.Another photo courtesy of Alan Graham.

Picturestyrings013.jpg

A Peter Davies photo of a Trowbridge Transport AEC MK3 Mammoth Major.IIRC they belonged to Lodestar Engineering who were AEC agents in Sheffield.I know it was one of the best driving jobs in the area.They ran night trunks to London and did a lot of TWIL for Barnards at Norwich. I've had many a tussle with their AEC Mercurys at night in the late 60s,coming home after a trailer change at Abbey Wood.

scan0416.jpg

I've googled A Marriott,just gives their address as Catley Road so maybe they are still operating.I left Sheffield for the IOM five years ago so I'm a bit out of touch.

Another H Askey photo,TK Bedford in snow...

img820.jpg

Yendor (Rodney reversed) Transport Ford D1000.I've had a couple of lifts in this very motor when on a dodgy night out :D

YendorSheffield.jpg

A 1954 reg Atki 8-leggger of Batchelors Foods Wadsley Bridge.H.Bradley did most of their work (was it H Bradley?) but I don't know if this wagon is theirs.

batchelorsfoods.jpg

J E Parker Albion.Photo courtesy of Alan Graham.

Picturestyrings010.jpg

P and S Transport,Paisley.They had a Rotherham phone number but I don't know if they had a yard or shared a yard there.Backloaded steel,a lot of billets for Scottish Stampings at Ayr.Another photo courtesy of Alan Graham.

Picturestyrings013.jpg

A Peter Davies photo of a Trowbridge Transport AEC MK3 Mammoth Major.IIRC they belonged to Lodestar Engineering who were AEC agents in Sheffield.I know it was one of the best driving jobs in the area.They ran night trunks to London and did a lot of TWIL for Barnards at Norwich. I've had many a tussle with their AEC Mercurys at night in the late 60s,coming home after a trailer change at Abbey Wood.

scan0416.jpg

any chance you can remember who the driver was for YENDOR aka BLAGDENS my mate drove for them for years until he passed away around 8year ago, his brother still runs blagdens & is married to rodneys daughter, blagdens transport sadly packed up a few year ago although their motor engineering business is still going strong

Sorry,I don't remember the Yendor drivers' name.So they were tied up with Blagdens then?

I've got one photo of a Blagden wagon,an SA400.............leaning to the curve with a load of wire which would never have shifted...........:D

img900-2.jpg

Sorry,I don't remember the Yendor drivers' name.So they were tied up with Blagdens then?

I've got one photo of a Blagden wagon,an SA400.............leaning to the curve with a load of wire which would never have shifted...........:D

img900-2.jpg

rodney spelt backwards is yendor, the 1st name of mr blagden, just before they packed up with the transport side, 2 or 3 lorries had yendor on the front but all had blagdens on the cab doors. i think most of blagdens work was wire prior to them packing up, i went on a couple of their runs with the driver who passed away. at the time of packing up they'd got 1 leyland roadtrain, 1 volvo, 2 ERF's & 3 sed aks if i remember correctly

img900-2.jpg

i maybe mistaken but i think the driver in this lorry is called pete, it certainly looks like him, i remember that lorry well

i maybe mistaken but i think the driver in this lorry is called pete, it certainly looks like him, i remember that lorry well

I know somebody who knows somebody else that drove for Blagdens,will try and find out who the driver is.

In the meantime another well-known Sheffield haulier,Frank Phillips........

FrankPhilipsAlbion.jpg

A E Evans bought one or two AEC Mandators off Frank P,one was WWB 342G and the other TWE 707L,when I find the pic of TWE I'll put it on.

Chris

I know somebody who knows somebody else that drove for Blagdens,will try and find out who the driver is.

In the meantime another well-known Sheffield haulier,Frank Phillips........

FrankPhilipsAlbion.jpg

A E Evans bought one or two AEC Mandators off Frank P,one was WWB 342G and the other TWE 707L,when I find the pic of TWE I'll put it on.

Chris

i cant remember the evans company, where were they based?

i cant remember the evans company, where were they based?

I'll post some photos of them tomorrow,might jog your memory.:D

Off for a walk on the prom then into the pub - if our lass will let me:hihi:.