Tai Chi in Sheffield

This is brilliant! First a fued between the kickboxing clubs, then the MMA people and now exponents of the 'gentle but deadly' art of Tai Chi! What next? Angling clubs, or maybe knitting circles?

By the way, I heard that the kickboxers reckon you lot are a bunch of fairies. The MMA people don't like either of you because you're scared of getting mucky on the floor. None of you even want to know what the kung-fu lot have said about all of you!

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Edited by ANVIL
I was abusive to the person who's quote appears above and called them a tosser...

This is brilliant! First a fued between the kickboxing clubs, then the MMA people and now exponents of the 'gentle but deadly' art of Tai Chi! What next? Angling clubs, or maybe knitting circles?

By the way, I heard that the kickboxers reckon you lot are a bunch of fairies. The MMA people don't like either of you because you're scared of getting mucky on the floor. None of you even want to know what the kung-fu lot have said about all of you!

So ..... SiSiSi joined us in May 2009, has posted 5 posts so far and 3 of them have been trolling Martial Artists ......

Hmmmm ...... me thinks he has a problem????? He reminds me of a poster a couple of years ago ...... RobbieBrown I think his name was...... claimed he was opening a kickboxing club with no experience of KB at all ...... hmmmmm ..... I wonder!!!!!

I remember him! Didn't he con you lot so much that there were suggestions that a group of you ought to go around and sort him out? It took ages for you to spot the wind-up! People with problems are those that take themselves too seriously.

I remember him! Didn't he con you lot so much that there were suggestions that a group of you ought to go around and sort him out? It took ages for you to spot the wind-up! People with problems are those that take themselves too seriously.

:hihi: Nope - whoever he duped I spotted him from very early on ..... as I suspect I've spotted you Robby :hihi:

I'm flattered that you compare me to such a great man, unfortunately I only walk in the shadow of his turbulence. He snared all of you, I haven't even managed to provoke a response from Chefkicker! Just about everyone on the forum has managed to do that, MA threads or not! So have I got it wrong about the 'our instructor/style/techniques/uniform/hairstyles are better than yours' thing then? I reckon not.

I'm a practitioner of Yi Chuan, Chen Style Tai Chi, Bagua and Kung Fu. I'd like to arrange a regular meet, maybe in the Botanical Gardens, for practitioners in Sheffield to train and push together. Any forms accepted, from simple fixed step all the way to full contact. Anyone from student to National Championship/Instructor level welcome. Having had regular meets in London for the last 6 years I've found this kind of meet to be hugely beneficial to all involved. Meets are also a great place to meet people interested in Internal arts and discuss/compare training methods and styles. Obviously no charge, the only requirement is a respectfull chivalrus attitude to martial training. Please email me if you are interested and I can start co-ordinating the meet. MischaHill84@googlemail.com

Looking foward to pushing with you,

Mischa

Tai chi on Wednesday,7:00 at the community centre on Greseley road Lowedges. Really nice friendly class, would suit all abilities.

Can anyone recommend a good taichi class in Sheffield? I was hoping it would incorporate tui shou(push hands), neigung preferably and other elements in it.

There's a new beginners Tai Chi class starting in Sharrow at the Old Junior School. Its the same system as taught at Meersbrook united reformed church. It's called Lishi and it's excellent. google sheffield tai chi, it's the top listing :)

Cheers Leedslulu, I'll have a look x