Accident at Hillsborough Corner?

Oh no, I thought it looked more like an accident than a power failure etc. If this is true the only thing i can add is that I hope the person or people that were involved are ok.

Jayne

i was also told by someone who was on the tram behind that someone was hit.

middlewood road is chaos or was at 9ish sorry

loads of cops blocking road and a cherry picker (crane) and a fire engine looked like where the pet shop and aladdins cave is on middlewood road,

got a taxi to town instead of tram

not sure what it looks like now (0320am)

I was told someone was under the tram. Hence all the chaos.

I sincerely hope this isn't true, if it is, I've seen an ugly side of some heartless Sheffielders tonight at work.

Wow sound's like a chaotic evening down there, are there any updates this morning. Was it one of the takeaway's that went up in flame's?

was on way to a party at Bradfield rd club,loads of police all around,and yes was told that someone had been knocked down by the tram,bradfield rd was blocked off,not sure if anything else was happening but 1st police car we saw was on Wynyard rd,then all around hillsborough

Was stuck in hillsborough last night for over an hour trying to get into town, Didn't see any signs of anyone being hit but saw the tram being cordoned off and police blocking all the way round. Sincerely hope there wasn't anyone one hurt! And was the Canton King I think that was on fire,...

Yes a man was knocked over by a tram after coming out of Legends.

My daughter caught a bus about 8.30 at Hillsborough last night and we were told whilst waiting at the bus stop.

Was in hillsbro last night about 9:30, no taffic was being allowed in either direction past Netto, and there was a fire engine cherry picker, 2 normal fire engines, 2 police cars, and while we were in pizza hut at least 3 ambulances in quick succession going into town.

Anyone have further news?

Yes a man was knocked over by a tram after coming out of Legends.

My daughter caught a bus about 8.30 at Hillsborough last night and we were told whilst waiting at the bus stop.

went past the masons & there was a group of guys, all *issing around in the road & on the tram tracks:loopy: , could have been 1 of them?

I went past the canton yesterday it all seemed fine to me, and no reports of any tram issues? any update?

definetely someone knocked down outside legends dont think it was life threatening then there was a chinese on middlewood on fire not sure which one though