Motorbike Question: Can they be lowered?

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anybody knew if motorbikes can be lowered, and if yes then where do i go to have it done.

Im 4ft 11 and am desperate for a sporty looking 125cc motorbike. I have been to jeff hall's shop on infirmary road but the man was no help at all! :mad:

he just said i was too small to ride any including scooters and laughed at me when i asked if they could be lowered.

Does anybody know of any smallish motorbikes or if they can be lowered.

have you tried a vespa or lambettia not sure on smelling i mean splelling theres a shop half way up london road he a very helpfull man too try him

There are people who lower bikes by removing some of the padding from the seat but you really need someone to stetch your legs a bit.

Many bikes can be lower, especially bikes from Japan (japanese people tend to be short).

Suzuki vitarra is a short bike, I have a very short lady friend with one

Beyond that you can often save 1" by recovering the seat (cost about £50)

shorter shocks and shorter springs can be fitted at the front can be fitted giving you a couple of inches, this can leave the side stand / main stand unusable until it is also shortened.

Send Me a PM, I'll give you details of a mechanic who works on custom work like this.

Have you thought of buying built up shoes?

Or a mini-moto?

Being serious, I'm too big for many sports bikes. Learnt to live with trials bikes. I take it your not interested in low-riders? Or have a word with Manhatten bikes on Chesterfield road, they always been very helpful.

There are many smaller riders out there and like the previous posters many things can be done to lower the bikes including taking padding from seats or using lowering kits. There were many bikers out on the Easter egg run today and a lot of them were around 5foot tall.:thumbsup: I would recommend a different place to Jeff Hall or even talking to Jeff himself as I am sure he would not stand this behavior from his staff. If I can help in any way just ask or there's always the sheffieldbikers forum.:thumbsup:

i my self am only 5.2 and i can ride any bike there's all ways a way trust me get your self a yamaha sr125 there cheap a nice ride and very low. good :thumbsup: luck

boots- daytona ladystar add 1 inch to your height.

seat sculpting

adjustable preload shocks

kouba links

these are the key items you need to chat to a friendly salesman...

i my self am only 5.2 and i can ride any bike there's all ways a way trust me get your self a yamaha sr125 there cheap a nice ride and very low. good :thumbsup: luck

Can I add a second vote for the Yamaha SR125. Had one....loved it....even though mine was the old version without disc brake on front.

Whatever you get happy riding and keep safe out there. :D