Lottery numbers strategy

25 minutes ago, Janus said:

Are the odds of winning reduced if there are more players, or are the odds not affected?

Depends how you define winning.

If you mean, for example, getting all 6 numbers, and winning the mega jackpot; your chances of doing that are the same, if you are the only person playing, as if you are one of a billion people playing. The only consideration would be the likelyhood of other people also winning; and so the jackpot will likely be less (presumably, it's divided by the number of winners).

2 hours ago, Janus said:

I have mixed feelings about roll-overs and very large jackpots,

I am guessing (and that is all it is) that there will be less chance of a hit as the large prize will attract many more players?  Are the odds of winning reduced if there are more players, or are the odds not affected? Someone on here will know.

I can see the excitement element and initial appeal of 50 plus million, but I would be well pleased with just one.  Winning such large amounts would mean that you could be very charitable to less fortunate people and change lives for the better.

The odds of you winning aren't affected if more people play but the number of jackpot winners may be greater but then again if more people play then the amount paid out should increase as well..

Is anyone member of lottery syndicate? Any recommendations?

Thanks to the Shady Goverment getting big backhands  is the only reason  Branson isnt running it.  Thats why I have a go on the Irish. Camelot-con bunch. :suspect:

On 12/12/2018 at 10:11 AM, Waldo said:

If you're going to play, pick higher (than 31) random numbers. Numbers 1-31 and 1-12 are likely more commonly used to represent dates, birthdays etc.

Good advice if you must play. 

The National Lottery should be renamed the National Voluntary Tax Scheme.

my wifes won about £250 since it started and puts her cash on each sat,they did come out once though,this is the honest truth on the euro

she only found out because i was in a group doing tickets and she checked them,obviously its wasnt the bonus numbers,but it means they will never come out now?

3 minutes ago, bassett one said:

my wifes won about £250 since it started and puts her cash on each sat,they did come out once though,this is the honest truth on the euro

she only found out because i was in a group doing tickets and she checked them,obviously its wasnt the bonus numbers,but it means they will never come out now?

There's the same chance every week for your numbers to come out...doesn't matter what's happened before...

On 12/10/2018 at 3:12 AM, MartaCBuckner said:

I just pick my number randomly. It better to choose the number in random cause ther's a low chance that you will share your winning to the other winner

That has to be one of the longest thread hiatuses to date September 2004 - December 2018. Outstanding.

On 12/13/2018 at 5:59 PM, PRESLEY said:

Thanks to the Shady Goverment getting big backhands  is the only reason  Branson isnt running it.  Thats why I have a go on the Irish. Camelot-con bunch. :suspect:

I have always felt that Richard Branson comes across as  decent and straight, a nice bloke. I understand he got the knock back twice. It does make you woder why he was not appointed to run the lottery.

6 hours ago, MartaCBuckner said:

What do you mean by this @Phanerothyme

Merely that there was a fourteen year gap between post #18 and the reply in post #19!