Wind turbines in Sheffield

They could stick a few up where Shirecliffe College used to be, that would look cool.

about time!! i wish people would stop moaning, that's all you guys do on here MOAN.. its a good thing and will provide cheaper electricity!!

if you dont like it move away

Hear Here!

Give that man a ceegar! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I personally think they are a thing of beauty and a bit of modern achitecture not to mention a great alternative to destroying the antarctic with CO2.

Bring em on!!! (been thinking of installing one of the B&Q ones in my garden :hihi:)

I personally think they are a thing of beauty and a bit of modern achitecture not to mention a great alternative to destroying the antarctic with CO2.

Bring em on!!! (been thinking of installing one of the B&Q ones in my garden )

I think they should be developed a bit smaller and replace the old T.V aerials on everybodies houses. Why not fit them to the top of office blocks and the like there has to be enough wind at the top.

^^Talking of sticking them on buildings, the design for the new castle collage has some wind turbines on top.

They could stick a few up where Shirecliffe College used to be, that would look cool.

Good idea. Stick a few at the top of the ski village and they could power the ski lifts and lighting - and would look good from where I live.

can't small turbines be placed onto houses along with solar panelled roofs?

maybe after the decent homes project there could be the "enviromentally friendly homes" project

I like Jim Lovelock's idea of a small nuclear 'pile' at the end of the garden, you could use it to generate electricity, cook food, sterilise things etc.

While some of the comments on this thread might be deemed to be a bit fanciful ( is that a word ), it seems to be fairly clear that majority of people are in favour of "Wind Turbines" just as long as they are nowhere near themselves.

Very few people that I have spoken to feel safe about or trust anything they are told about nuclear power.

Personally I (being a bit on the thick side) do not understand how we can be confident about a generating system that produces a waste by-product that is potentially dangerous for hundreds of years and don't seem entirely sure of how to dispose of. I bet our grand children and great-grandchildren will love us if we leave them with dangerous waste as a legacy.

This is another reason pushing me towards Wind Turbines not just for us but for the generations that follow us.

I live just round the corner from Hesley Wood and not too far from the other places. I'm quite happy to have wind turbines as I think they look ok - just modern day windmills..

I should have one on top of my house judging by the regular battering it seems to get..

Scarey article in the Mail last week about a couple who have wind turbines on their land. There is constant noise and vibrations from the turbines and it is ruining their lives. They can't sleep,their nerves are in tatters and no one can do anything to help. They can't sell their house either (not surprisingly)

Not good eh?

I think wind turbines are great and I'm all in favour of sticking them wherever they can be stuck. I'd stick one on top of our house, but our house is only small and would be crushed, which would be unsuitable.