Martial Arts Competition Format

Who here practises a martial art to a competitive level ?

Who doesnt? Who is AGAINST competitive martial arts?

Which format of competitive martial arts do you think is the best from a spectator point of view?

Which style bores the t**s off you?

Put it all down on the screen here.

I read in the Sheffield Start that there is a Kickboxing Event in Sheffield on the 30th of this Month.

Is anybody from AFK fighting?

no one is fighting from AFK, 2 were meant to be but it fell through or sumthing, im not sure of the ins and outs but there will be a ringside table full of us from AFK. should be a good night

i have competed at local level in Judo, but although i love the grappling arts, i'd prefer to watch striking arts, including boxing. i watched the muay thai fights at the octagon last year and that was great to watch.

Who picks up the tab for any injuries ? unlike most sports you are trying to hurt your opponent. So i am against.

I read in the Sheffield Start that there is a Kickboxing Event in Sheffield on the 30th of this Month.

Is anybody from AFK fighting?

AFK were not exactly made the top priority on this show. None of AFK's fighters photos or even names have been put on the poster. When we do our own shows we give all the other clubs an equal opportunity regardless of political affiliation.

Look at the last poster:

There were pictures of : Naz Khan = AFK, Lewis Stokes= Black Dragons, Dave Purkiss= Woodseats Thaiboxing, Alex McKenzie= Self Defense Federation.

Also mentioned have been names such as Adam Lawrence & Paul Cropper (Lau Gar).

We set an example of fairplay but looks like not everyone follows our lead.

Who picks up the tab for any injuries ? unlike most sports you are trying to hurt your opponent. So i am against.

it depends actually - not all competitive martial arts are about hurting your opponent...

AFK were not exactly made the top priority on this show. None of AFK's fighters photos or even names have been put on the poster. When we do our own shows we give all the other clubs an equal opportunity regardless of political affiliation.

Look at the last poster:

There were pictures of : Naz Khan = AFK, Lewis Stokes= Black Dragons, Dave Purkiss= Woodseats Thaiboxing, Alex McKenzie= Self Defense Federation.

Also mentioned have been names such as Adam Lawrence & Paul Cropper (Lau Gar).

We set an example of fairplay but looks like not everyone follows our lead.

It is very sad to hear that politics can influence even martial arts on such a local level.

If my following question is going to cause a lot of trouble don't bother answering it but I'm trying to work out in what way "politics" can influence your club? (sorry if I'm being stupid).

The only way I can work out is that there has been an event whereby your fighters have kicked the ass of another clubs fighters so they then get arsey and don't invite you along to future events, is this right?

ok chefkicker, i hope you're going to reprimand yourself now for becoming involved in discussions that have little to do with the questions on the original post! ;)

Moving on now:

Popular combat sports round sheffield.

Amateur Boxing.

PRO Boxing

Semi contact points fighting.

Light continuous kickboxing

Full contact kickboxing

K-1 style kickboxing

Muay thai

MMA .

Then there are others i.e. WTF Taekwondo , Traditional Karate.

Lets hear pros and cons of competitive martial arts.

"AFK were not exactly made the top priority on this show. None of AFK's fighters photos or even names have been put on the poster."

Why would any of your guys be on the poster if they're not fighting on the show?

you could add BJJ to your list...