Good old days round abbeydale and woodseats

does anyone remember living and playing in rydal rd back in the late 1940s and 1950s.bonfires in the middle of the road.bonfire toffee.trames on abbeydale rd.abbeydale picture house.heeley picture house and many more.bag of chips1p.

I have just found your post, being new to the forum, Bryan, 3 years later. I do remember all of that. Also sledging down Grasmere Road when it snowed. My Gran lived on the corner of Rydal and Grasmere. Think I know who you might be.

regards bluewren

what was your nans name?.i would love to no also what was your name.my name is brian else my brother is ron else do you remember any other names on rydal rd

brian:hihi:

Hello i two lived on Rydal Rd 1957ish .do i know either of you ?????

Hi Pipsmum,

Depends how far down Rydal you lived. I didn`t know many passed the little grocery shop halfway down. My gran lived opposite Taylors grocery( think that was the name) on Grasmere corner.

Hi Pipsmum,

Second one to you for today. Found other posts and both my husband and I came up with: Fred Wragg. Joe worked with him at the Parks dept. That was around 56-57.

I remember a Judith Wragg from school. Possibly King Ecbert Girls High. Don`t remember much more than that, sorry.

To add to the Rydal Rd. query I didn`t live there but spent a lot of time at my grandmothers house.

I lived at 33 Rydal Rd ,opposite the middle shop ,cant remember the name

The neighbours were Mrs Shaw and her daughter ,over the wall was Mr and Mrs Trower with their two sons ,and Mr and Mrs Gomersall with their three daughters , nice to hear from you all

I lived at 33 Rydal Rd ,opposite the middle shop ,cant remember the name

The neighbours were Mrs Shaw and her daughter ,over the wall was Mr and Mrs Trower with their two sons ,and Mr and Mrs Gomersall with their three daughters , nice to hear from you all

Was there anyone named Norton living near to you on Rydal Road?

Hi

I own a house halfway down Rydal Road opposite Grassmere. Did there used to be shops on that road? I've owned the house for 15 years. Never knew that!

Hi Duffems ,there was a young couple who lived at the side of our house ,number 31 I think they were called Norton,,i cant remember if they had two or three young children.:loopy:

Hi Diamond Lil

It was a corner shop ,is it Windermere Rd ? were it comes on to Rydal Rd ,its along time since i lived there ,but i could take you there haha :loopy:

Hello i two lived on Rydal Rd 1957ish .do i know either of you ?????

we lived at 91 rydal rd our family name is else brian and ron as to the shps on rydal rd one was at the bottom of grassmer called talors my mum used to run up a bill and pay at the end of the week.my mum worked at woodseats palace my dad worked at frank guy:confused:lees on archer rd