New book club in Sheffield

Hi everyone. I'd really like to join too if that's ok. I live in Beighton but work in town so i'll come straight from work. Just ordered the book. Looking forward. :)

Hi!

I would be interested in joining the club at the Frog and Parrot, are you still taking new members?

Was the first night a success? Aer there anymore planned?

is it the chrysalis or chrysalids? ..i can only find reference to the chrysalids on amazon

The Chrysalids, sorry.

Hi everyone

New members are definitely welcome! :) We are meeting again on the 22 of this month at 6.30 if my memory serves me correctly.

Our first session was a success and we just introduced all of our favourite books and we chose one member's favourite to go forward with. I guess we'll agree the next one at our next session so any new ideas are welcome!

The book we're reading for the 22nd is The Chrysalids by John Wyndham, and it isn't too long and is a very good read!

PM me if you have any other questions

Colleen

Oh, and The Frog and Parrot is on Division Street nearish Pizza Express for anyone who isn't sure..just a bit further down the road towards town :)

I would like to come along too if thats ok. I've been looking to join a book club for a while!

Yep, anyone is welcome, and anyone who is interested is fine to come along! Apologies if I can't reply to this again this week (limited internet access) but anyone who sees this thread and is interested is very welcome to come along next week!

Judging by the choice of book it appears that the suggestion on the first page of avoiding sci-fi has been ignored. Which is good! Can't be excluding genres on the basis of a few easily breakable misconceptions. I've been looking for a book club so this would be terrific, if I can make it.

Sonds interesting--if newcomers are welcome I hope to see you there!