New book club in Sheffield

Hi, is this book club running? I would really like to join one.

Chris

Is this book club still up and running? I am so interested in joining one - if not running anyone fancy starting one up? We could meet every couple weeks/a month depending on how quickly people can read stuff. Discussion of any books of any genre would be fine with me. We could meet in a public place and then have a natter/drink or 3! xx

Hi i am interested in joining a book club, anyone know any that is up and running.

Hi I'm interested too. Anything happening?

Hi all, we have just aquired a premises on Ecclesall Road that we are currently hiring out for private functions etc. It only holds up to 25 people so is a very small venue indeed, and would be perfect for a book club. If anyone is interested we would charge a very low rate for a regular evening mid week slot, plus we could provide wine and cheeses from our shop next door. Just a thought?....if anyone is interested please call 'Chris' on 0114 2668747.

Hi, if this group has formed, i'd love to join!

If it's not been formed yet, I have a suggestion for a time and place...

There's a small pub quite in the centre of Sheffield called the frog and parrot, its in the centre, but away from the main streets.

How does Wednesday 18th March at 6:30pm sound for everyone? I've set it that far away because it gives everyone a chance to read this hopefully.

I've added the following link to the pub:

sheffieldpub.co.uk/pubs/city-centre/frog-&-parrot

Sounds good to me!!! I'd love to join a book club and Wednesdays would be fine!!! Although I have no idea where that pub is but I am sure my Tom Tom would help me out!

Great, at least there will be 2 of us there now, lol.

If we just have the first meeting as a 'get to know' the other people in the book club and just agreeing what book to read for the following week.

And if everyone brings their favourite book and just puts it on the table then every-one will know that is the book club when they come in the pub. It also gives an easy talking topic.

See you then!

Hi

I'll come if that's OK? I'll have a good think about my favourite book...!

Hi, I'd like to come to this too!

I would have to leave at about 7.45 as I have to get somewhere by 8.15, but that should be alright, right?

Sounds good, I'll try to make it.