New book club in Sheffield

Hi

I am also interested in attending this bookclub. Is it ok if I come along as well on 15 July?

Any new members are very welcome :)

Unfortunately our plans changed an none of us could actually make the red riding hood film. But other than that we are doing well, I know I've found some new favourites from authors I never would have picked up before! :)

Look forward to meeting you

Colleen

Hello, I'm interested in joining the book club. I'm quite new to Sheffield & get through more than my fair share of books on the tram. Is there a date set for August? Hope so! If yes, where & what time. Which book should I buy? :-)

Hi, sorry I haven't posted an update yet!

We meet on the 3rd weds of every month so it will be Wednesday 19 August at 6.30 at the Devonshire Cat (provided it's re-opened - if not we'll meet there and relocate somewhere else like we did on Weds!).

The book we're reading this month is Marina Lewycka's "A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian".

See you all there :)

Colleen

I wonder, are you still taking members to your book group?

Yep, as long as I keep on posting on here with our next book new members are welcome :)

Our next book is The Gathering by Anne Enright. We'll meet at The Dev Cat on the 16 September at 6.30

New members still welcome! :)

Colleen

Hiya

I'd really like to come along to this, if that's ok?

Thanks a lot

Georgia

Hi Georgia, that's absolutely fine! We're still welcoming & having new members turn up!

See you in September!

MissClarkey-

would you like to advertise the Book Club on our community database?

Your group sounds very friendly and it would be nice to add to our growing list of similar groups. If you agree I'll need an official title for the group and some contact details, otherwise I can use the information that's already been posted here. Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks in advance!

Dan

Hey =]

I've been looking ages for a good book club and i'm hoping you guys will be it! I will be seeing you sept 16th with book in hand =]

Claire x

Our next meeting will be 21 October at 6.30, and the next book is "The Man of my Dreams" by Curtis Sittenfeld. Hope to see you there!