What made you pick your username?

I just wanted a simple name....

i used to play rugby and the guys used to say i tackled like a monkey!, and i was born in 69. ohh i might look like a monkey as well!!! haha matter of opinion though :hihi::hihi:

I love monkeys! :love::love::love:

Bet you'll never guess! :hihi:

Er, don't know. Rhymes with 'tosser'? :)

Ive got a HUGE crush on Grissom from CSI and my user name is the middle aged woman's version of writing on my pencil case ! My real hubs says its time I grew up but he's just being jealous and boring SO THERE,!! Lol

Its a forum where people normally dont know anything about eachother in the 'real' world, 'the unknown'.

I was on a train from Glasgow and Edinburgh, and me and a mate were talking about playing golf at Muirfield . A very serious local blurted out....." you'll no get on ta Muirfield ." I asked why and he said....."they don't let Tomataheeeds on"

As you can imagine......it sort of stuck.

Er, don't know. Rhymes with 'tosser'? :)

Well yeah, that too! :hihi:

Well yeah, that too! :hihi:

Just my little joke. Glad you saw the funny side. ;)

This is the skeleton of a sand dollar. The sand dollar is an ocean animal related to the star fish and sea urchin. Look at the top surface and find the holes that form the star shape. Tube feet stuck out from these holes and were used for breathing and eating.

At the back of the shell is the mouth area where the sand dollar took in small particles of sea plants and sea animals. The five jaws found inside (the doves) crushed the food. Small purplish spines once covered the body and helped it wiggle through the sand water.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sand dollar lives slightly buried in the sand in shallow coastal waters. It's thin, circular body is about 2 to 4 inches (5 to 10 centimeters)wide. It's dried skeleton looks like a large, white coin while a living sand dollar resembles a fuzzy brown cookie. The animal eats tiny aquatic organisms that it finds among the sand grains or traps from the surrounding waters. They live in large numbers in many parts of the world and are frequently tossed ashore after storms.

A sand dollar releases eggs from small openings near the center of the top of the body. The eggs develop into free-swimming larvae which eventually sink to the ocean floor and grow into the adult form.

Sand dollars belong to the phylum Echinodermata, class Echinoidea.

(The history and legend)

There's a pretty little legend

That I would like to tell

Of the birth and death of Jesus

Found in this lowly shell

If you examine closely,

You'll see that you find here

Four nail holes and a fifth one

Made by a Roman's Spear.

On one side the Easter Lily,

Its center is the star

That appeared unto the shepherds

And led them from afar.

The Christmas poinsettia

Etched on the other side

Reminds us of His birthday

Our Happy Christmastide.

Now break the centre open

And here you will release

The five white doves awaiting

To spread Good Will and Peace.

This simple little symbol,

Christ left for you and me

To help us spread his Gospel

Through all eternity

Seeing as Sand Dollars stole my explanation, I'll make a new one up:

The name Rootsbooster comes from an approach to internet forums known as Rootsboosting. "Root" being (wherever possible) a credible/reliable/factual source of information, and "booster" refers to promoting the use of the former.

In short, wherever possible I make posts based on fact rather than just taking someone else's word for it or perpetuating rumours etc.

If I post something that is purely an opinion (with no factual basis) I add "IMO" or "in my opinion".

Sometimes I just write silly stuff though. Most people are able to tell when I'm being serious or not :)

Mine was simply the first word that popped into my head when I tried to think of a username for the forum.

Mine is my name and year of joining the Forum.