Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

I met my husband in the Blue Bell on Mayday 1995 .Spent all day in the Plover , then walked down to the Bell and had a mad night in there with three of my mates . Had some great nights in both pubs .Not been in them for ages now though , are they still any good ?

Not from Hackenthorpe, but grew up just down the road at Birley so used to frequent the pubs mentioned in my youth. In fact the Blue Bell was the very first pub that I had half a cider and black in.:gag:

I was seriously underage, but the Bell would let in anyone in those days.:hihi: I remember being paranoid that my shoes must match my handbag or they wouldnt serve me, they would suss that I was underage.:loopy:

You should all move to Dore.

Lets not and say we did

Thought this thread was about reminising about living on Hackenthorpe , not for people who dont live on Hackenthorpe to give their opinions on it !!!!

Most of the pubs in hackenthorpe are crap now. Plovers ok and what used to be the old club on main street is now The Cherry Tree, thats ok too

Most of the pubs in hackenthorpe are crap now. Plovers ok and what used to be the old club on main street is now The Cherry Tree, thats ok too

Just noticed your 33 , same age as me , might we know each other ??

I live in Hackenthorpe, but have only lived here for a year. I've found it to be really nice and quiet, no bins on fire thats for sure!

Not been to any of the pubs yet, keep meaning to though!

When i used to go between Jan-June 1989. I never once saw a fight.

We used to go Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun

Are you the one that served me Diamond Whites on my 18th Birthday?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst hang over ever!

i could have been guilty ,but i wasn`t to blame, can you remember Bernard the glass collector?:loopy:

Brings back memories, used to spend illicit youth in Hogs head and Blue bell. Anyone know a Mick Humpries, last time I saw him he was mega grey, old and had thousands of kids, poor sod. Good laugh though.

Yeah i know Mick , what about Karl Sullivan does anybody remember him? He used to live in the big old house opposite the Sportsman pub on Main St. Think it's a nursery now tho.

i could have been guilty ,but i wasn`t to blame, can you remember Bernard the glass collector?:loopy:

Erm... Bernard had learning difficulties :rolleyes:

Erm... Bernard had learning difficulties :rolleyes:

wasn`t meaning it in a nasty way i liked him ,but can remember he would sell you the world for £1 so he could get a drink , if i remember he used to take the mick out of himself on a few occasions he was a good soul, but not heard of him since the club closed