Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

I used to know a rita from hackenthorpe she was drop dead gorgeous too but married pete, i haven't seen her in years.

Johnny Stafford lived next door to us in the mid-to-late 50's on Birley Spa Lane. I remember the family's black Truimph Mayflower car parked up in the front garden/drive. I was 4-10 years old when I lived there.

The Derwents live at the other side. Michael was my best mate.

I do remember taking out a girl next door to John Stafford. I think her name started with a G, maybe Gillian. She really made an impression on me :)

Don't remember the Derwents.

I recall three young ladies in the early 1970,s; Heather Page, Christine Fogg and Anne Preston. Me and acouple of my mates dated them

i used to live at hackenthorpe 82 to 85 used to livenext to the lees on carr forge anybody know if they still live there

I'm not from Hackenthorpe but my Aunt and Uncle were. There name was Herod. My Aunt was a piano teacher and the lived on Cotleigh Crescent. \my cousin Lynne went to Carter Lodge School - in the 60's I suppose that would have been. My great grandmother lived on Rainbow Forge. Anyone remember them?

I do remember taking out a girl next door to John Stafford. I think her name started with a G, maybe Gillian. She really made an impression on me :)

Don't remember the Derwents.

I knew a Gill who lived on Birley Spa Lane, their house backed on to the school field, her name was Gill Steel she had a brother called John.

I knew a Gill who lived on Birley Spa Lane, their house backed on to the school field, her name was Gill Steel she had a brother called John.

Don't think this is the girl I dated. She lived about three-five doors down from the Pub near the bus terminus (Pub side).

Where you are talking about, a little further up towards Birley, I dated a girl called Barbara Snowden - she lived on a street off Birley Spa Lane, can't remember the name. Now, she was drop-dead gorgeous!!

I revisited England in 1972 and saw her working at the local butchery in Birley Spa Lane. At the time decided it wasn't appropriate to chat with her as I'd arrived in England with a newly wedded wife.

I actually drove round the old haunts on tuesday,i never seem to need to drive through for any reason.

went to use the post office, cant believe its the same family still running it.

then drove on past the shops, the old codgers palace is now flat - amazing.

then up to the plover (buying a birthday cake from the shop next door -honest) & to my surprise birley spa school is totally new.can't believe how out of touch i am.

i used to live at hackenthorpe 82 to 85 used to livenext to the lees on carr forge anybody know if they still live there

well i lived round the corner from them for 15 years,until '83. wouldnt be surprise if they are still there.

who was talking about the smith family on poole st broomhill

Any body recognise anyone on this photo from 1968.

It was taken by Mr Williamson my form teacher, after the leaving ceremony of 4th and 5th year boys.

Free at last!!

Ok my hubby says that the boy in blue jumper sat down at the front is David Payne,(he says does anyone remember the sermons his dad used to give from the doorstep??) he heard a rumour about david setting fire to his arse when a box of bangers went off in his back pocket.

He also remembers the Lees.

Reading this threat has brought back many memories for him.

Ok my hubby says that the boy in blue jumper sat down at the front is David Payne

He is right, sadly David is no longer with us. But fondly remembered by his old classmate, Lostrider.