Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

Calm down, it's not that sort of thread.;)

The last one I remember was called Nurse Freeman.

Regards

Tazz

Originally posted by Tazz070299

Michael! I remember you. You lived just down from the mid-wife's, opposite the Gagen's and near to the lad who was "vertically challenged" and rode a motor bike.

I lived at 57.

You dont mean Chris Crossley the "Mighty Atom", He used to ride a huge Motorbike around. He was also DJ at the Heartbeat club above the Ice Rink.around 1969 ish.

Anyone remember me, I was Barman in the Hogshead in 1972.

I was also brought to live in Hackenthorpe in 1953 inside the midwifes black bag. As were all the other kids on our street. I can remember her bringing them all.:)

Any body recognise anyone on this photo from 1968.

It was taken by Mr Williamson my form teacher, after the leaving ceremony of 4th and 5th year boys.

Free at last!!

Guest bostonaire

calm down not that sort of thread? sorry dont follow you........neh mind .anyway.......yes taz nurse freeman she was very stern. we were mid 20's with a baby and we were scared stiff of her visits! we were glad when the baby was old enough for her visits to stop , how ever few there were!!! bless her

Originally posted by Lostrider

You dont mean Chris Crossley the "Mighty Atom", He used to ride a huge Motorbike around. He was also DJ at the Heartbeat club above the Ice Rink.around 1969 ish.

That's him.

did mark and gary have a sister called diane

yes mark has a sister called diane and he now runs the royal oak pub in beighton as he married the daughter of the landlord of the golden plover(ann-marie. Iused to live on jermyn cresent no 44 i used to knock about around the school and the pub in the late 70s

Lived in Hackenthorpe from 1980- 1996. Top half of Dyke Vale Road, just opposite the field. Went past the field last week cant believe the state of the park.

Rodger Moffet loved good old Hackenthorpe:hihi:

Knew 2 lasses who lived at bottom of Dyke Vale .... one was Maria (tallish lass)and the other one was....... errr, forgot (not a tall lass)

born rainbow crescent, had a spell @ upperthorpe as part of a one parent family before returning to carr forge rd(top bit near the park).

frequented the scowerdons more than the old 'acky. went to carter lodge but dated most of the girls from frechville.

My name is Maurice Copeland and currently living in NSW Australia.

I have some very fond memories of Hackenthorpe.

Parents left New Parsons Cross on the other side of Sheffield and took me and my two brothers to live in Rainbow Avenue - actually, at the intersection with Carr Forge Road.

We had a terrific time in winter sleding down Rainbow Avenue from Birley Spa Lane. We also used to play on the slag heaps not too far away at the back of the Avenue and muck around, getting well and truly black. Occasionally we'd walk beside the sewerage ponds, down towards 'Coisly Hill?'.

I remember making friends with a girl called Sandra who lived a few doors up on the upper slope towards Birley Spa Lane. We went on a few excursions if my memory serves me well.

Went to Carter Lodge Secondary from around 1957 to 1960 and during this time we did another house shift, this time to Delves Close. I remember very clearly having a fist-fight, one which I lost, with a friend called Tony ?? - he also lived in the Close. A school mate called John Stafford and I were close friends. He lived in Birley Spa Lane.

Stayed there for a couple of years then parents up'd and went to live at Newstead Road, Birley Moor.

I worked for Martins Dry Cleaners, Fitzallan Square for a few years as machine operator. In 1967, the adventurous spirit took over and I headed off for a new life in Melbourne, Australia.

If anyone knows me and would like to make contact, my email address domino_1945@hotmail.com

. A school mate called John Stafford and I were close friends. He lived in Birley Spa Lane.

Johnny Stafford lived next door to us in the mid-to-late 50's on Birley Spa Lane. I remember the family's black Truimph Mayflower car parked up in the front garden/drive. I was 4-10 years old when I lived there.

The Derwents live at the other side. Michael was my best mate.