Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

Who is the post aimed at John?

Sorry - I was referring to the post by Grandad Jim (Jim Crofts) and anyone mentioned in the post.

My parents used to live on Spa View Road. Annie and Walter Rennison.My dad Walt was a regular in the Golden Plover pub where he was always selling things for his beer money.I am Julie the youngest of six children ,i had one brother Tony who used to play guitar with his mate Ralph Snee.We all went to Carter Lodge School i left in 1976.My eldest sister Pat used to work behind the bar in the Plover.We used to live next door to the Radford family.Anybody out there remember us ?Pat,Tony,Susan,Marilyn,June and Julie.

Hi Philfletch 54

If your Dad used to drink in the Plover he will remember my Uncle Earnest Bingham, and the Fishing club. Earnest used to live at 19 Dyke Vale Road and latterly was the secretery of the Hackenthorp social Club at the end of main street. He later moved to Drakehouse Lane. I would be interested if your Mum and Dad can remember

Dave Theaker

Hi Dave,

My dad Walt passed away in 2001 he moved to Mosbrough in 1990.I do remember him talking about Ernest Bingham at Hackenthorpe Club but he spent most of his time in the Plover,every dinnertime and everynight.One of his drinking partners was a man called Walter Crumpet who also lived on Spa View Road.

Julie.

Bit before your time, I think, but I lived on Delves Road between (I think) 1961 to 1966. Anyone remember me? I lived at number 20.

I dont but my aunie joan (my mums twin) lived in delves drive 4 girls 1 boy called gary the Holland family

Hi there

I am living in the hackenthorpe area again, have been for the last few months. My parents have lived in hackenthorpe since 1989. Not a bad area, better than some areas now a days.

Does anyone live in the hackenthorpe area close to hogs head pub or what used to be carter lodge school, which is now rainbow forge school?

Hi Tazz070299, my Grandparents the Piggotts, lived at 21 Delves Drive and as far as I know there hasnt ever been a Derek Piggot, least not one I knew about.

Hagardrider, you mean lowedges? Yeah they moved out of there about 4 years ago now, when the school sold land, hmm, seems to be a theme here! get in touch.

BTW, apparently I AM *THE* Sean Piggott, I always thought so, though my uncle Sean may disagree! :D

anna did you know the dodd family on jermyn in the 1970s

dodd... that name rings a bell... do some of them now live near mosborough...?

Hi,

I have read this thread with a lot of interest and recognise a few of the names from my time at Carter Lodge. I lived on Carr Forge Close from 1958 until I left Sheffield to join the Army in 1968, my father was the care taker at Rainbow forge until about 1970, his name was Steve Glossop. I knew David Payne, Rita Townsend but used to knock about with John Gilliver, Kev Butcher, John Cockayne, Robin Leake, Ian Burkinshaw, Neil Burgess "Birdie", Billy Brown, Pete Jackson, Jimmy Simpson etc, don't remember many of the lasses, Jean Cotham springs to mind, Barbara Starkey, Linda Grey. My name is Baz Glossop so if any one knows or remembers me say hello. My sister Pat still lives on Hackenthorpe as does my Brother Raymond.

Baz

ive lived in hackenthorpe all my life,on east glade.most of my family are from around here too,on carr forge,and silkstone.know some of the names mentioned like robin leake,ralph snee,pete jackson from my dad.i went to birley spa and then to frecheville til it merged with birley.