Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

How do I get to see the photos of old Hackenthorpe and school photos being posted ?

12 hours ago, Misguided said:

How do I get to see the photos of old Hackenthorpe and school photos being posted ?

if theyre old, its an old thread they have probably been removed from peoples upload spaces, if thats the case sadly you cant

Edited by melthebell

15 hours ago, Misguided said:

Have a look on Facebook, there is a group on there called Pictures of Hackenthorpe Past & Present

A class photograph from circa 1960-61 at Rainbow Forge Infants school. Although I have a good memory I can't recall all the names of the children on the photo. I'll give it a go even though its about 60 years ago.

Peter Newton

Robert Booth

Jacqueline Nunn

Christine Coulson

Glynn Furniss

Philip Glaves

Andrew Goble

Ralph Smalley

Jean Eason

Barbara Settle

Richard Womack

Christine Taylor

June Tween.

Possibilities

Ian Fairfax

Susan Burgin

Martin Smith.

When we reached junior school age most of the children on the photo remained at Rainbow Forge. A few of us went to Birley Spa Juniors. Who'd want to be teacher's pet in the hope of being invited to one of Miss Pearl Cantor's infamous tea party's. Maybe Downsunder could tell us all about these cosy get-togethers.

At Rainbow Forge Infants and at Hatfield Woodhouse Infants (my first school. My dad was stationed at nearby RAF Lindholme) I received no physical punishments. It was a different matter at my next schools...

Birley Spa Juniors

Carter Lodge Secondary

Birley County School

Hurlfield Comp.

Abridged version.

Does any one have contacts who know Mick Gregg who lived at rainbow forge in the 1950s.?

Lived on Delves place in the 50s left 1964. My parents were Arthur and Edna. I went to Carter lodge school.

Back in the 1950s I remember visiting friends of my parents at Carr Forge Mount.

They were Albert and Beatrice Smith and their children were Jacqueline and George.

Not seen Jacqueline or George for about 60 years and was wondering how their lives had turned out.

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Back in the 1950s I remember visiting friends of my parents at Carr Forge Mount.

They were Albert and Beatrice Smith and their children were Jacqueline and George.

Not seen Jacqueline or George for about 60 years and was wondering how their lives had turned out.

I think that Hackeylad is from Hackenthorpe.

8 hours ago, sibon said:

I think that Hackeylad is from Hackenthorpe.

Yes he is but doesn’t know the family.

Thank you for pointing me in that direction though.

I've just seen some photographs from the send off for Dido in the Sportsman, well done to all concerned.

Edited by Alextopman