Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

did anyone go to rainbow forge ?

Edited by hackey lad

I went to Rainbow Forge, I remember when we were asked for suggestions to name the school, think I was five or six. Think the school must have just opened. It was a lovely school.

I went to rainbow too started in 71 lovley times and friends and my boy friend of the time andy neil

anyone remember jean hancock with the false legs, lived on jermyn close

Jean was my cousin although I haven't seen her for many years. I lived on Carter Lodge Avenue number 23 from July 1968 with my brother Stephen and mum and dad John and Betty. They still live there today.

I went to rainbow too started in 71 lovley times and friends and my boy friend of the time andy neil

headmistress mrs cantor , mr atkinson, mrs quash ,miss muir just a few names i remember :)

I was in Pegasus (blue) house team at Carter Lodge.

I was in the Pegasus house team.

I left school in 1960

---------- Post added 07-09-2013 at 15:17 ----------

did anyone go to rainbow forge ?

I went to Rainbow Forge.

I would have been 7 or 8 when I started there, so that would be 1952/1953.

It was a lovely school back then.

Hey Le Baron, it was our German Shepherd you were scared of. My parents Stuart and Thelma Booth ran the Plover from 1965 - 69. My name is Richard and I have brother called Philip, both of us went to Carter Lodge and Philip also went to Birley Spa school.

Boothie

Anybody from Hackenthorpe

Hackenthorpe and Zakes Part 32.

Subtitled:- One in a taxi, one in a car, one on a scooter tooting his hooter.

1. At Rainbow Forge Infants in 1960-61ish we had a na© tivity play – Mary and Joseph. I don’t need to go into detail about what the play was about, because we are all well acquainted with the fable. I saw angels, shepherds and 3 kings (wise men) bringing gifts of gold, frankincense and mirth, which caused much gaiety and laughter. It had been reported that the shepherds had washed their socks by night, and the angels had been angling with fishing rods and not with he-rods. Anyroad, Mary gave bith to a son, and she and her bloke Joseph proudly named the child Jesus. Everything seemed to have worked out fine, and the rest is history.

If the above info is wrong, then please address your remarks to Miss Hardwick because she organised the nactivity activity. I was part of the audience because I didn’t want to be a sheep or a donkey because I’m human. I have never been an angel, so I didn’t become one of them. I didn’t play a wise man either, because I was too young to be wise.

Before the play had started, some of us young ‘uns were listening to the boastful lad who was to play the part of Joseph. This lad, who was destined never to become one of my pals of the day, weekend, month, term, year etc, was called Marcus. This Marcus kid was so full of himsen he must have thought he was on his father’s yacht. Bad news for him was, there wasn’t that many yachts to be seen in Bethlehem, let alone Hackenthorpe in them days. Marcus really thought he was so smart waering that red, white and blue checked tea towel on his bonce, held in place with the aid of 37 elastic bands and 16 hair grips. He looked like an early day Yassir Arabfat P.L.O.dding about on stage in his pink plastic sandals.

Marcus most likely ended up later going to Thornbitch Grammar School with others of a similar ilk. Oh, geeowah, Mecks yer sick!

2. There was a class or year photo taken at Rainbow Forge Infants in 60-61 with about 25 children on it, including me (Zakes). When me dad’s (my best friend) life came to an end the rest of the family sorted out his belongings and I don’t know what happened to the photo. Have any of you got a copy that you could put up as a post on this thread? Ask your brothers and sisters.

---------- Post added 22-09-2013 at 03:40 ----------

Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

Hackenthorpe and Zakes Part 33.

1. Ref. post 489 by Tazz 070299. On this thread.

You mentioned you lived 6 houses away from Jean Cottam, Cotty to her friends. You lucky so and so, I would have done or given anything to have lived near to her, she was, and probably is still a stunner, I can tell you. I would have willingly been a stray iron filing drawn to this most magnetic maiden. I remember seeing her in the corridor at Carter Lodge School on my last day there in the winter of 1965. A crisp white shirt underneath a quality navy blue coloured V-necked jumper, a long kissable neck, and the face of a goddess. I just knew at that exciting, but sad moment, I wouldn’t ever be seeing her again. I was 11 years and 8 months old.

2. Re. post 491 by Tazz 070299. On this thread.

I remember Robert and Alma Sherwood. I used to be in the same class at Birley Spa Juniors with their unidentical twin sons, Christopher and Mark, Mark being the eldest of the two. They lived at 61 Birley Spa Lane (opposite where Springwater Avenue comes out), in the last house next to the steps that le(a)d down to Dyke Vale avenue-close. Christopher had been at times my pal of the weekend. He once had a big fight with Nigel West at junior school which he lost. Christopher could also walk on his hands. The well built Mr. Sherwood may have worked at Edgar Allen’s (?). I remember Alma had auburn coloured hair in the early 60’s. They had lots of trees in their garden. Perhaps more than anyone else on the estate.

3. Ref. post 493 by Tazz 070299. On this thread.

(A) Yes. The ivy covered building was part of Spencers farm, but I wanted to know what it is (was). The real name of the farm is Brookhouse Farm.

(B) Povey was the correct name, and not Proby. Thank you for that Tazz.

© Was Inkersall House to do with the Kirk family?

is there anyone on here that grew on hackenthope estate if so get in touch

have a look at thread - anybody from hackenthorpe-- there are about 15 pages of memories.

When are we talking,how old are you.