Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

I used to live on Spa brook drive many years ago. I still have family living in the area

Still livin on a Hackenthorpe hill....

They say that the spirit of Rodger Moffat can be often seen at summer midnight walking a ghostly presence down Birley Spa Lane:hihi:

Some of you younger posters may have to research that last cultural reference:huh:

He is right, sadly David is no longer with us. But fondly remembered by his old classmate, Lostrider.

I have passed this info on to my hubby, sorry to hear that he is o longer with us. hubby remembers some of the crackpot things he did. Seems he will always be remembered this way.

Yet another refugee from (HACKENTHORPE). My name is Jim Crofts & I lived there in the fifties to the sixties &lived on Carter Lodge Drive no20.I went to Rainbow Forge Junior School & the infamous Carter Lodge Secondary:cool: I hung around with Mick Wainwrght Bill Burdett Mick Todd Alan Davidson. Other names I remember are Kieth Allwywin? Pam Bradshaw Linda Barstow June Bell.

Mick Dewhurst I can't remember any more as I have been to bed since then so if any of the above are still out there or if any one else remembers the fifties & sixties please post or get in touch.

Regards

Grandad Jim.

does anyone go in the bluebell saturday nights

Sundays are better y? x

Yet another refugee from (HACKENTHORPE). My name is Jim Crofts & I lived there in the fifties to the sixties &lived on Carter Lodge Drive no20.I went to Rainbow Forge Junior School & the infamous Carter Lodge Secondary:cool: I hung around with Mick Wainwrght Bill Burdett Mick Todd Alan Davidson. Other names I remember are Kieth Allwywin? Pam Bradshaw Linda Barstow June Bell.

Mick Dewhurst I can't remember any more as I have been to bed since then so if any of the above are still out there or if any one else remembers the fifties & sixties please post or get in touch.

Regards

Grandad Jim.

HI D id the Alan Davidson originate from BROOMHILL if so i think i may know him Cheers Arthur

I lived on Birley spa lane from 1970 to 1976, then at hackenthorpe social club from 1976-1978. went to birley spa infants and juniors, and then after moving back to Beighton, having been born there, went to carter lodge school, leaving 6th form in 1987.

my dad's cousin Gary is the gary mentioned in the OP, my grandmother still lives on dyke vale road.

my favourite hackenthorpe memory was renshaw's shop, just up the road from carter lodge school, spent many a lunchtime eating pot noodles from there with a buttered breadcake.

:D

Ey Up Arthur, it must be another Alan Davidson the one mentioned did not come from Broomhill.

Regards Grandad Jim.

Well we lived there from 1980 till 1987, my dad, Vin, was the caretaker at Rainbow Forge on Birley Spa Lane. My Grandparents, Piggotts, lived on Delves Drive, behind the bus terminus, and my youngest uncle still does, as far as I'm aware. Grandad John Piggott also did a few years on the door of the club.

One of my aunts lived up near the 'top-shops' and the club, Carter Knowle (?), her inlaws, the Wiles, lived opposite us on Birley Spa Lane. My Nan had a cousin and his wife, the Mckevoys, who also lived in Hackenthorpe.

I went to Rainbow Forge and then Carter Lodge, that both schools now dont exist is a bit unnerving.

My Grandparents, Piggotts, lived on Delves Drive, behind the bus terminus.

Did your grandad used to run the local Woodcraft at Rainbow Forge school, and move from Sheffield (or Hackenthorpe) in the late '60's?

Tazz

David 12656, Yes Liam is my Uncle, he's now living in America, I should send him the link to this place.

Tazz, no not linked to Woodcraft. Only in that they held it at Rainbow Forge, where my Dad was caretaker of the school, in the 80s, but he didnt have anything to do with the meetings.