Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

Hi Jonboy50, Yes you are right, she was and still probably is gorgeous what ever happened to her .Hope she,s had a happy life. I never did meet her family.

i used to live on carr forge mount my grandad lived and still does on jermyn drive,

Don't know what happened to Marie,or the rest of the family,moved in early 70s.lived on Carr forge rd,and used to cut through their back garden to get to the chippie on a night time.

did the lees live on carr forge mount

i lived on carr forge mount and i remember the lees we kids used to call them the smelly lees cruel i know but true

i lived on carr forge mount and i remember the lees we kids used to call them the smelly lees cruel i know but true

If you remember the lees,you will remember Steven George and his gorgeous elder sister.

If you remember the lees,you will remember Steven George and his gorgeous elder sister.

Sorry about that just seen your link properly(Louise).im sure you were/are gorgeous as well.

i only really remember names of people i used to knock around with and im not as old as most who have posted on this thread, im in my 30s we lived at number 11 there were 5 of us kids 4 girls and 1 boy, i remember the lees as i said we used to call them the smelly lees and hold our breath every time we went past there house, i remember the hughes family as used to knock about with gary also remember claire pegg (her hair was almost white in colour) my eldest sister is still friends with her now, also remeber the vaughn family from street above and a girl called sarah. but most of all remember the fun we had as kids and the adventures we got up too

marie humphreys married a lad called mick elliot i used to hang around with her sister anne there brother stephen still lives with there mum and neither stephen or there mum look any older than they did 30 years ago

remember getting pop bottles from back of elams on birley spa lane, but they were not always empty bottles,used to empty them then take empty bottles back to shop for refund, how bad was i

:P:P:P:P:rolleyes::rolleyes:Hello Linda, this is Andrew Burdett Bill,s little brother. I remember you well as a lovely girl when you were with Bill. Both my mum and dad have very sadly passed away now and Bill is living in a flat on Cotleigh Crescent. You can find him in the Sportsman any lunchtime. My sister Julie lives in Killamarsh with her husband Dennis and I now live in a village called Great Coates just outside of Grimsby with my wife we have been married 9 years now. It would be lovely to hear from you Linda. Hope you are well. Sadly we also lost Jo my neice 3 years ago to a brain haemorraghe. It would be really nice to hear from you and where you,re at in your life.

Hi Andrew, this is Ira Jackson, I used to live opposite you on Cotleigh Avenue and Bill and I used to hang about together. I now live in Sutton Coldfield,and, strangely, someone gave me Bills tel. no. very recently. I've been meaning to phone him but I travel a lot and havent got around to it. Give him my regards next time you speak to him and I will phone him with a view to meeting up some time in the near future.

Hi Andrew, this is Ira Jackson, I used to live opposite you on Cotleigh Avenue and Bill and I used to hang about together. I now live in Sutton Coldfield,and, strangely, someone gave me Bills tel. no. very recently. I've been meaning to phone him but I travel a lot and havent got around to it. Give him my regards next time you speak to him and I will phone him with a view to meeting up some time in the near future.

Andrew Burdett-hello.

We played together a lot as kids. You might say we were Good mates. Good to hear that you are well. I live in Sheffield with the family. My folks have gone now. I remember your mum very well.She was always kind and friendly.

look after yourself.

I was brought up in Hackenthorpe in the 1970s. I attended Birley Spa infants and Juniors and lived on Springwater Drive. My mum( Mrs Joyce Gray)was well known around the area, being a keen churchgoer at the Methodist church on Spa View Road.She worked as a CCA at the Hackenthorpe Village School and seemed to know everybody.

Hackenthorpe was a wonderful place to grow up. Me and my mates played football on the field on Spa View and golf on the catholic school fields. We used to arrange epic football matches against lads from Carter Lodge which went on for hours.

I remember Mr Garlick and Mr Millett's shops and the Ealams newsagents down on Birley Spa Lane. A lovely man called Mr Cooper worked there.Does anyone remember life in the 1970s? in Hacky?