Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

I taught theReception class at Hackenthorpe Village School from 1967 - 1969 and from 1971-1973. Does anyone remember Miss Russell (1967-1969) or Mrs Lickorish (1971-1973)The Head Teacher was Mrs Hardwick and I would love to get back in touch with her. I believe that she left the Sheffield area and possibly remarried. I kept in touch with Mrs Proctor and Mrs Grey, both of whom died.

I used to live in the silkstone road area of Hackenthorpe and had some real problems with a neighbour who lived there so much that I moved (Must have just been unlucky as all of the thread that I have read seems so nice) - I always wondered if he still lives there or if he ever moved, must have been over 5 years since I moved. Think his name was Kim or something like that (Unusual name for a man) - Hope other peoples memories of Silkstone road are fonder than mine are.

i live on bottom of scowerdons but my dad as always live on hackenthorpe just wondered if any1 new him paul brown. and also my mm live on delves her name was dawn price

Mick Darwent How the ???? are you Martyn Miller Just picked you out. I am sure there must be Albert Smith on here Solid drinker in the Bell due to his posts reply?

I taught the Reception class at Hackenthorpe Village School from 1967 - 1969 and from 1971-1973. Does anyone remember Miss Russell (1967-1969) or Mrs Lickorish (1971-1973)The Head Teacher was Mrs Hardwick and I would love to get back in touch with her. I believe that she left the Sheffield area and possibly remarried. I kept in touch with Mrs Proctor and Mrs Grey, both of whom died.

I was in the reception class at the village school 10 years earlier.During assembly I remember the head, Mrs Bulter telling all the kids to get there hankies out and wave them in the air to show you had one. One morning i hadn't got mine, but I had bought a bag of sweets from the tuck shop hut near the telephone box at the entrance, so I waved a paper bag in the air. I got away with it that time.

It's funny the things that you remeber. :)

Hi Buddysbuddy,

I worked for Harry Elam for a number of years, when he had the little hut on Birley Spa Lane, just above where the shops are now, and also after he moved into the new shop. Remember Mrs. Elam and her parents Mr & Mrs. Thompson, and of course Harry's brother Tom, who ran the shop at the top of Gleadless Road? I also went out canvassing for him, but on the Gleadless Valley Estate along with Dave Smalley of Cotleigh Drive.Then of course there was Miles Cooper who worked in the shop for Harry (bit of a pratt). I used to deliver about 144 'Stars' every night and I also collected paper money for Harry on Sundays. Good days eh? My name is Tom Porter amd I lived on Springwater Drive

hi earlybird8 you must have worked for harry after i left to start work proper about 1956/57. i lived on spa view drive. i also knew dave smalley,the last i saw of him was when he was in the army. i dont suppose you know where he finished up do you?

My family have lived on Hackenthorpe for years - My nannan and grandad (James and Mary Ryan) lived on Rainbow Grove and My mum lives on Spa View Drive, My auntie (Mitchells) lives on Carter Lodge Drive, My cousins live on Rainbow and East Glade and I live on Carr Forge now - my husbands family (Perry) are from Weaklands - we all love it here and it's great that we are close to each other

I went out with the most drop dead gorgeous bloke in Hackenthorpe. Lived on Jermyn Crescent in the 70s.

Hi i married a guy from Jermyn Close in the 70s:)

Hi annalouise, I live in OZ, but I had a cousin, who was a good looking bit of stuff he lived in Jermyn Cres.....was his name David

Did he have long hair ????

Any one know Ian Rounds ??????

Hi i married a guy from Jermyn Close in the 70s:)

Can you remember what number he lived at?

Hi No 2,Jermyn Close