Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

I was talking to Bill Burdett in the Blue Bell this week and he says he would love to hear from you. He lives at 26 Cotleigh Avenue and his phone number is 248 6014.

Just found this post. Bill Burdett and I were an item back in the 60's. I often wonder what happened to him and his family, Mum, Dad, Julie and Andrew. Perhaps if you see him again you could tell him. My name was Skinner then.

Just found this post. Bill Burdett and I were an item back in the 60's. I often wonder what happened to him and his family, Mum, Dad, Julie and Andrew. Perhaps if you see him again you could tell him. My name was Skinner then.

I'll probably see him tomorrow so I will pass on your message.

I went to the village school in the 50s, then moved to St John Fisher's.

Remember well the post office and it's YZ chewing gum machine, Spencer's farm (he delivered our milk in his green Fordson van).

Do you remember the story going round about the fields behind the school being haunted by fighting soldiers?

Lived on Birley Spa Lane - no. 232 - then.

Lived at 236 Birley Spa Lane in the 60's. Pages lived at 232 then. Staffords at 234. My mate Mick Darwent live at number 230, I think his parents still live there. I went to the village school as well, then Rainbow Forge then Thornbridge. Small world.

I lived in Dronfield but my friend at school was Catherine Grainger who lived in Hackenthorpe we went to Notre Dame late 50's early 60's. We used to go to Frecheville, Nether Edge, City Hall and the Sheffield Students Union anywhere to dance even sometimes the Locarno think it was at the end of the Moor. If 'Clancy Grainsweet' (her alias ) is out there she may like to know that Lynne Clark has been in touch with Dympna Danaher who now lives in Canada

Hi Jim i'm on your message from 2006 only found this site yesterday ,we last met in Kent in 1961 how are you.

Yet another refugee from (HACKENTHORPE). My name is Jim Crofts & I lived there in the fifties to the sixties &lived on Carter Lodge Drive no20.I went to Rainbow Forge Junior School & the infamous Carter Lodge Secondary:cool: I hung around with Mick Wainwrght Bill Burdett Mick Todd Alan Davidson. Other names I remember are Kieth Allwywin? Pam Bradshaw Linda Barstow June Bell.

Mick Dewhurst I can't remember any more as I have been to bed since then so if any of the above are still out there or if any one else remembers the fifties & sixties please post or get in touch.

Regards

Grandad Jim.

Hi Jim, i,m one of the above, we last met in Kent in 1961, how are you?

Johnny Stafford lived next door to us in the mid-to-late 50's on Birley Spa Lane. I remember the family's black Truimph Mayflower car parked up in the front garden/drive. I was 4-10 years old when I lived there.

The Derwents live at the other side. Michael was my best mate.

The Rat !!! Mick Darwent told me I was his best mate. We went everywhere together, went to Skeggy on my motorbike and sidecar, went camping at Foxhouse, played football and cricket on Carter Lodge playing fields. We lived on the other side of the Staffords from about 1955 until about 1967. I won't say who I think you are but did you have a sister called Heather? If not, you must have cleared out before we arrived.

I've just moved to Hackenthorpe and so far it's been a pleasant experience! :thumbsup:

We have just moved to Hackenthorpe only been here,six months we mov ed

from Arbourthorne,

It,s realy lovely here, & I know weve made a good move it,s so quiet here

we live on Birley Spa Lane, & you could,t wish for a better bus route, could

you! its just great.:D:D:D:D

I've just moved to Hackenthorpe and so far it's been a pleasant experience! :thumbsup:

We have just moved to Hackenthorpe only been here,six months we moved

from Arbourthorne, last April.

It,s realy lovely here, & I know weve made a good move it,s so quiet here

we live on Birley Spa Lane, & you could,t wish for a better bus route, could

you! its just great.:D:D:D:D

Lived at 236 Birley Spa Lane in the 60's. Pages lived at 232 then. Staffords at 234. My mate Mick Darwent live at number 230, I think his parents still live there. I went to the village school as well, then Rainbow Forge then Thornbridge. Small world.

I always wondered what happened to John Stafford. He and I used to be 'math wizards' at Carter Lodge around late 50's. I left the school in 1960 aged 15.

hi , your mum is she called bet cos thats my nan joan my mum is vicki holland..my aunty diane saw this an was wondering who it was...you must be one of my aunt bets daughters...let me know cheers...xxx:hihi::hihi:

hi yes i am bets daughter Caroline from Bristol. say hi to di for me and i will be seeing her soon. who is this is it lessely or julia. lol:banana:

does anyone remeber anybody from Rainbow Road lived there until we moved to Scowerdons in approx 67 when it was a new estate

went to villiage school in the 50's then Rainbow Forge and Carter Lodge. I remember Molly Marsden neddlework teacher and Miss Gaunt and Mr Fineberg