Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

does anyone go in the bluebell saturday nights

Originally posted by dave50

does anyone go in the bluebell saturday nights

Spent quite a lot of my younger years there. I went to the old village school in the 50's and can remember the blacksmith's shop next to the post office in main street.

Was in the first group of kids to attend Birley Spa Junior's and then finished up at Carter Lodge. Lived on Cotleigh Way and later on Birley Spa lane. Can anyone remember Cotleigh Hall on the Main st. ? We used to play in the ruins after school and were lucky not to come a cropper climbing up to the roof.

Happy Days

anna did you know the dodd family on jermyn in the 1970s

My Mrs was from the Hackenthorpe. She lived on Weakland Cresc. One of the Wood family, there were a lot of em, theres millions now. :)

Originally posted by Buster

Spent quite a lot of my younger years there. I went to the old village school in the 50's and can remember the blacksmith's shop next to the post office in main street.

Was in the first group of kids to attend Birley Spa Junior's and then finished up at Carter Lodge. Lived on Cotleigh Way and later on Birley Spa lane. Can anyone remember Cotleigh Hall on the Main st. ? We used to play in the ruins after school and were lucky not to come a cropper climbing up to the roof.

Happy Days

I went to the village school in the 50s, then moved to St John Fisher's.

Remember well the post office and it's YZ chewing gum machine, Spencer's farm (he delivered our milk in his green Fordson van).

Do you remember the story going round about the fields behind the school being haunted by fighting soldiers?

Lived on Birley Spa Lane - no. 232 - then.

I was at the school when the Coronation was on in '53 and do remember Spencer's farm opposite. I think one of the son's was in my class. Was only there a short time. The storey about the ghost soldiers rings a bell somewhere!

Can't remember Dodds - any other names?

I remember David Farmery

Gary Bottomley

his brother Mark

did mark and gary have a sister called diane

Originally posted by Sam Miguel

Alas, I wasn't called Sam Miguel in those days, just plain old Michael Simmonite.

Michael! I remember you. You lived just down from the mid-wife's, opposite the Gagen's and near to the lad who was "vertically challenged" and rode a motor bike.

I lived at 57.

Guest bostonaire

was she the very very stern midwife????