Home Office branch in Sheffield?

Can anyone maybe point me in the direction of a Home Office branch in Sheffield, if there are any?

Thanks!

Can anyone maybe point me in the direction of a Home Office branch in Sheffield, if there are any?

Thanks!

There is one opposite The Queens Head ,oldest Sheffield pub, at the bus interchange.

One on Lady Bridge in an old brewery, riverside.

Various places, including Moorfoot, Milton House, and the place near Irwin Mitchells the name of which escapes me for the moment.

They won't be open to the public though.

Thank you very much, appreciated.

I have checked the website, but there's no info on local offices on there.

Aerie, what is it you're after?

Katkin, I'm not sure, but thanks! :)

Bonny...long story, I'm South African and are engaged to a British citizen. I need to get a certificate of approval to get married from the home office, and they want to see my divorce certificate (I was married before back home) with a certified translated copy if it's not in English. Basically, I would have liked to see someone face to face and show them my documents so that I can be sure it is what they want, and that I don't have to fly back home to get a different type of document. I just want to save time and hassles.

I worked for the home office for many years. You cant go into any of the offices in sheffield. You have to phone up the number on the website for any advice. All the sheffield buildings are head offices and if you did go to them the security guards would just turn you away. :)

OK, well there's no-where in Sheffield where they'd normally see you face to face I don't think. Where are the contact details for you to send the forms to?

You could try scanning the documents and emailing them asking if they are the right one's, or phoning them (if you can get through).

Good luck :thumbsup:

Aerie,

Your best bet is to pop over to the Public Enquiry Unit in Liverpool (see the Immigration Nationality Directorate's webpages for the location). You won't need to make an appointment but you might have to wait. I don't know what the queues are like up there but at Lunar House in Croydon the average wait is 3 hours.

The chances are though that all that will happen is one of the advisors will look over your documents and ask you to file them officially. The rest of your application will be processed internally.

Hope this helps.

M

PS - A PEU is opening in Sheffield once they finish building the new Home Office accomoodation down by the river, I guess this is no good for you though!

Just a thought - basically they want to see proof that you are divorced so that they can see you can legally marry in this country and then they will issue you with approval so that you can go ahead?

So what they're asking for is the UK equivalent of the Decree Absolute? (And of course if it isn't in English, a certified translation). If that's all they've asked for and that's the document you've got you should be ok.