Wharncliffe Woods Walk Sunday 25th March

I'll second (or is that third?) that! Excellent company, lovely stroll, and a brilliant buffet at the Old Harrow - it's a lovely little pub, and the landlord did indeed do us proud... :clap: :clap: :clap: I'll be going there again - thanks Scubz. :thumbsup:

It was perfect walking weather today - warm, slightly breezy when we got up on the tops - even if it was a bit too hazy for the long-distance views. Even the little scramble up the crags was worth it for the view at the top. :love:

Well, what more can I add! To say the buffet at the Old Harrow was good value is an understatement. Such good value in fact that another walk in that area is a must, just so we can end up there again for another magnificent buffet. Cheers Matt if you check this thread out.

The walk itself was excellent, with some lovely views from the top of the Crags. What a shame hardly any people ever go to Wharncliffe Crags, it`s a hidden gem for me.

The touch of arthritis I exerience in my hips and knees kicked in when I got back from the walk, and despite a nice hot bath, I've been plagued by aches and pains. It is so good that the group caters for strugglers and stragglers. Lots of patience for anyone who wants to take things more slowly - or just chat up other random walkers! You know who you are - Albert! I am also nursing a blister, but also a memory of a really nice day with lovely people. After the buffet I couldn't face more than a couple of rivitas for my supper - oh, and a nice big Gin and Tonic. Thanks for the good company everybody.

Well, what more can I add! To say the buffet at the Old Harrow was good value is an understatement. Such good value in fact that another walk in that area is a must, just so we can end up there again for another magnificent buffet. .

I am convinced that when scubz phoned in to say that there were 7 takers for the buffet, the landlord heard '17' - there was so much wonderful food.

A very enjoyable walk though it will be regretted that the official photographer was not with us to record it. I have not had time to look at the video that I made but I expect it will be up to the standard which the directors expected in 'Hollywood'.

One regret that I've got is that I did not record the buffet that the land lord at the Old Harrow, Main Street, Grenoside put on expecting us to only pay £3.50 each for it. It was well worth the £5.00 which we all paid and I trust that a fellow forum reader or member will convey our sincere thanks to him.

I will be calling at the pub again be next time for a meal.

This was my first Forum walk and it was just perfect, the company,the weather,the views and the buffet at The Old Harrow at Grenoside was to die for after such a lovely walk.

Thanks to you all for making me feel so welcome and scubz for organising it all especially the food.

I told my sister who lives in Grenoside about the feast we had in the pub, she said Matt's buffet's are always excellent value for money and he keeps a good bar.

I am looking forward to my next outing with you all.

See you soon.

twinky1

This was a brilliant walk, I really enjoyed it, especially clambering over all those rocks. That was so cool!

The buffet was really good too. My dad brought me some pork pie and sausage roll out to his car, cos I wasn`t allowed in the pub, and they were great!

I`m hoping my dad will bring me to Sundays walk too!

Hey Sassy

You've obviously got suppler joints than I have. You danced over the rocks whilst I felt more like a troll heaving myself upwards. But the sense of achievement once at the top of the Craggs was priceless. Brilliant day. Hope we'll have many more.

Sassy - I was really honoured that you sat on my lap at the top of the crags.BUT - you really upset me when you refused to drink my really expensive spring water.:(:hihi: