Wharncliffe Woods Walk Sunday 25th March

Latest update on buffet at the Old Harrow pub at Grenoside.

I`ve informed Matt the landlord there that there will be a minimum 7 people for the buffet, and he has aked that I confirm numbers by 12 noon Saturday.

I have made him aware that there are vegetarian walkers, and also a couple of `gannets` likely to be present (Taxman, Scubz).

It will be a finger buffet (hope they`re not well-done lol), and he says that there will be enough for about 2 platefuls each and that the cost will be £3.50a head, which I think is excellent value.

In fact, if any forumers want to just meet us there for a drink and some grub, and not do the walk, they will be more than welcome! - huge hint to a certain leader!

I`ve informed Matt the landlord there that there will be a minimum 7 people for the buffet, and he has aked that I confirm numbers by 12 noon Saturday.

I have made him aware that there are vegetarian walkers, and also a couple of `gannets` likely to be present (Taxman, Scubz).

It will be a finger buffet (hope they`re not well-done lol), and he says that there will be enough for about 2 platefuls each and that the cost will be £3.50a head, which I think is excellent value.

In fact, if any forumers want to just meet us there for a drink and some grub, and not do the walk, they will be more than welcome! - huge hint to a certain leader!

Can I get a cup of tea? - No Booze Bert.

Can I get a cup of tea? - No Booze Bert.

Yes no-booze Bert, the landlord told me that they have a tea and coffee machine, so you`ll be ok there. One thing they don`t have though are empty yorkshire puds :hihi: sorry to disappoint you

Think I might be up for this one if its not raining, although I`ll probably give the buffet a miss, unless they have chews and gravy bones of course!

I`ll not be coming on many more walks now cos I`m emigrating in 3 weeks, so this might be my last one :-(

Think I might be up for this one if its not raining, although I`ll probably give the buffet a miss, unless they have chews and gravy bones of course!

I`ll not be coming on many more walks now cos I`m emigrating in 3 weeks, so this might be my last one :-(

SHEFFIELD The Old Harrow Pub

Having a dog himself, the owner of The Old Harrow understands how important dog-friendliness is. The garden, pub, and even quiz nights are all open to your best pal – providing he behaves well.

The Old Harrow Pub, 165 Main Street, Grenoside, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Pub Website

Telephone: 0114 246 8801

http://www.doggiepubs.org.uk/redirect.php/29

:thumbsup:

DON'T FORGET THE CLOCKS GO FORWARD TONIGHT!! :o

The weather looks pretty good too - cloudy first thing, but warm(ish), and clearing later. :clap:

DON'T FORGET THE CLOCKS GO FORWARD TONIGHT!! :o

The weather looks pretty good too - cloudy first thing, but warm(ish), and clearing later. :clap:

Nice to see somebody else is at work on a Saturday morning sat slaving over their pc! See you tomorrow!

So we all better make sure that we've washed our fingers!!

One of the places we keep talking about trying to walk, but not this time i'm afraid Nomme has chiken pox and is in quaratine, and he needs the company to stop him going nuts. Hopefully only another week to go.

See you at another one.

:( Poor old Nomme... lashings of calamine and many, many mugs of tea. That's the cure!

Just back from yet another grand walk with ItIsNow, Scubz, Taxman, feargal, ALBERT T SMITH and Twinky1. They were still in The Old Harrow when I left, sharing out what remained of the plentiful buffet that had been prepared for us. Now going to get a nice soak in the bath.

What a CRACKING walk that was.Really enjoyed it.Beautiful weather and the most magnificent views from atop the crags.Loads of fun to be had scrabbling across the rocks - thankfully nobody came a cropper.

And then there was........ The Buffet.And what a buffet it was.The table was PACKED with goodies.Everything tasty under the sun.

Thanks to the landlord at 'The Old Harrow' in Grenoside for providing such a feast - and thanks to scubz for arranging it.:)