Wharncliffe Woods Walk Sunday 25th March

A walk will be held of around 7.5 miles this Sunday, 25th March round Wharncliffe Woods near Grenoside. The walk also includes Wharncliffe Crags, and for most of the way is on cycle tracks or the Trans Pennine Trail.

The walk will commence at 10.45 outside the Old Harrow on Main Street at Grenoside, finishing probably around 4 hours later at the same place.

For people arriving by bus, the no 66 leaves platform c4 of the Interchange at 10.15 and gets to Main Street at 10.35. I`ve not checked return times at this point, but I`m led to believe that they`re hourly.

I have checked out the Old Harrow for food possibilities, and wheras they dont serve food normally, the landlord has offered to put a buffet on for us if we give him a couple of days notice (didnt ask the cost, but I cant see it being expensive).This sounds a nice idea to me, otherwise its flasks and packed lunches.

For further infomation on this walk see http://www.theaa.com/travel/details/cycleride/418765

Any new walkers would be especially welcome, this a lovely area with lots of historical and geological interests, and stunning views from the top of the Crags

:thumbsup: I'm up for this one,scubz.Sounds brilliant.As per usual,if anyone from this neck of the woods needs a lift - just give me a shout.

(Scubz - did you get my text message,yesterday evening :confused: )

I'm hoping to get to this one too, seeing as I missed it last time it was done. (Fingers crossed I can rejig work to leave the day free!) :thumbsup:

Taxman has asked me to add his name, as usual. Also he`s keen to give the end of walk buffet a try too. Any more for any more?

Please put me down for this one, and the Buffet :thumbsup:

Please put me down for this one, and the Buffet :thumbsup:

Same for me. But if I don't manage to turn up I'll pay my share for the Buffet which will need to be ordered prior to the walk.

Or instead of ' mine`s a pint ' - it will be - ' How much do I owe'!!

I'll get off my bum for this one, and I'm also game for the buffet. I'm taking some time off work next week so this will really set me up - and if it's too demanding, I can grab a lie-in on Monday morning.

Change of mind here,scubz - I'll stop for the buffet,too.Put my name down for it,please.Ta!

I'll get off my bum for this one, and I'm also game for the buffet. I'm taking some time off work next week so this will really set me up - and if it's too demanding, I can grab a lie-in on Monday morning.

Awwww Godzy, you`ll be fine, you`re fitter than most!

The paths should be ok cos they`re all cycle tracks. The only difficult part as far as I can see will be getting up to the top of the Crags from the Stocksbridge Road. But hey, when we get there, we`ll be almost able to wave to your house won`t we?

Anyway, thats 5 for the buffet, which should be about enough to make it worth their while doing I think.

See you Sunday

Change of mind here,scubz - I'll stop for the buffet,too.Put my name down for it,please.Ta!

Woohoo, good for you, would have hated to see you sat there drooling, begging for a morsel even whilst we tucked in! 6 for buffet now!

Again, another one I'd love to join in with- but just too far for me. Enjoy some of it for me.

I'm a definite now... there's only so many weekends I can bring myself to go to work - especially when there's a walk in the offing!

(and a buffet too... mmm, lovely food....) :love: