Bradfield School Catchment Changes

Hi just to clear some things up....

The catchment area's are not staying the same it has not been decided yet (may the 23rd,

Isn't this a contradiction in itself!!

The Wadsley village lot were (allegedly)in catchment once upon a time and they do pay Bradfield parish council tax ( an average of 140.00 per month )

If you are paying £140.00 a month to Bradfield Parish you must be :loopy: I think you will find that the majority of the money goes to SCC and a small payment of around £30+ PER YEAR depending on which band you fall in goes to Bradfield Parish.

Hope this info helps.... we should be fighting for a safer way to travel to school and environmental effectiveness not just our selfish opinions..:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Remember those of us who have a genuine interest in this matter also read messages on other forums.;) ;)

I think this argument is detracting from the real issue which is what is best for our local children.

Unfortunately, (yet again) being second cousin and poor relation to Middlewood Road, my children and those of my neighbours will not be considered in any of these options due to living on the wrong side of the road, irrespective of the fact that we indeed live closer to Bradfield that many who will fall into any new catchment if it is created.

I do however support those parents who are lucky enough to be considered within a new boundary change as the logistics of getting children to the new school are stupid to say the least.

I would however take issue with anyone on WPV who are going to be driving their children to Bradfield! Get the bus!

Children are not going to be yanked out of their current school even if catchments do change, it will be a long process as current pupils will have priority to stay.......

As a school governor, I know that, I allso know that the cabinet members are rather "embarrased" about the whole situation.

Catchment area's are very complex & can't be plotted in a circle around a school like bradfield, due to it serving the outlying areas of sheffield. if the council draw a line around the schools of the city with say a 2 mile radious, how many kids would be without a place & how many would have several schools to choose from?

The council took @ £1m of planning gain money from WPV & plowed it in to wisewood, this money would have been more wisely spent on giving Bradfield the extra capacity with the purpose build, modern buildings, it deserves, but as usual, they "know best".

As for paying Bradfield parish councill supliment in council tax, what has that got to do with catchment area's. Bradfield Parish Council dont even have a rep on the school governing body, let alone put any finance in to the school:huh:

The council took @ £1m of planning gain money from WPV & plowed it in to wisewood,

and Marlcliffe I believe

And yet again, the poor kids from my estate are left in limbo, with horrendous journeys to either of their alleged catchment schools :(

But some kids from your estate do go to Bradfield.

But some kids from your estate do go to Bradfield.

Only because they were lucky enough to get a left over place... I reckon Bradfield will be heavily oversubscribed come the next intake applications, and that's without taking any catchment changes into consideration.

Only because they were lucky enough to get a left over place... I reckon Bradfield will be heavily oversubscribed come the next intake applications, and that's without taking any catchment changes into consideration.

lea now looking at increasing intake for the first couple of years until it "settles down"

So the villagers are upset that they might be outside the catchment area for Bradfield School,if they think that the consultance procedeure will alter the councils thinking they are in for a shock.Its a pity that they sat on the fence whilst Wisewood parents marched and protested about the proposed new Myers Grove Trust school if they had given more support things might have been different,and councillor Meade and Macdonald might just have been more interested in how they voted on the issue.I think now a lot of people will vote with their feet at Mays elections because of these school issues.

If, as some people have suggested, WPV were given Chaucer as an option instead of Bradfield, would you now be berating residents from their catchment instead of the residents of Stannington for sitting on the fence? As another poster has pointed out, there was no reason for the 'villagers' to get involved before as it didn't directly involve them at the time. I seem to recall that in a previous post of yours you were advocating closing Bradfield school altogether - has your point of view now changed?

Don't think so.

Option 1 will happen. You just can't ignore the cultural and historical ties that exist between the current catchment boundaries.

Please don't be so confident about option 1, i have attended 15 meetings and am on a governing body for one of the primary schools involved..........

I am not saying anymore

Oops, forgot about them!!

Yes lets not forget Marlcliffe school which is at the centre of this debate along with the other primary schools it will effect.

Personally i don't waste my time being catty and picking people up on their grammer, and i am so glad you do take time to read the other forums and you will see that actually i got the average council tax wrong. its nearer 170.. and i can assure you it is alot more than 30.00 per year going to Bradfield parish council.. You may argue what does that have to do with it. But aren't Stannington also moaning that some of them pay into Bradfield???

My children already attend Bradfield and so i am already smiling like a cat with the cream!!!!!!!!!!:hihi::D :D instead of back biting and campaigning on here which is what alot of people are doing, why don't they actually look at environmental reasons why changes would be better than a rest...

Yes lets not forget Marlcliffe school which is at the centre of this debate along with the other primary schools it will effect.

Please could people be abit nicer when replying. It's very biting on here and people keep trying to GET ONE UP on each other which is neither helpful or pleasant.