Rush Hour on Chesterfield Road

Never mind portofinos get to Rush hour a few doors up the food is lovely and very reasonable and the service is excellent. Have passed a few times recently and its not looked very busy we really need to support these local small independent businesses or we will finnish up full of restaurant clones. I heard the chef from Las Iguanas on the radio this morning and he was asked if we went into the same place in Birmingham would it be exactly the same? He sounded quite proud when he said yes it would. This is exactly what I mean, mass produced food from god knows where heated up and served. You can see the chef cooking in Rush Hour and it all looks fresh so head down there for a great supper in nice suroundings

Also went to Rush Hour and also had an excellent meal.

Really good quality food, well cooking, with great service.

Highly recommended.

Go there-you won't regret it!

Mat and Kerry

Went to Rush Hour on Chesterfield Road on Saturday night and had an excellent meal.

Nice atmosphere and very reasonable prices for really well cooked food. Really recommended. Just above Ponsford furniture shop and Portofino restaurant.

No, not related, haven't got shares in it, don't supply them with owt......

Oh, I went there twice because the food was very good for the price. I liked their selection of small dishes as well as their main courses.

I truly hope that they do well because of the food sake. However, it looks rather empty always. It's a bad location, I am sure. Havin said that, if people knew how good their food was, then, people would start going to that man & wife team eatery, I am sure. People do go to the Baslow Hall which is miles away from Sheffield.

please can anyone tell me the phone number for this place its urgent and ive looked all over google

nevermind found it

Is anybody still going to Rush Hour to eat these days? No posts for a while.

We've been loads of times. It's brilliant food, reasonable and they need support so we don't lose this individual and good quality restaurant.

Try the themed Saturday night buffets - just been to Carribean buffet - excellent. Nothing but praise as usual from all diners sitting within earshot.

Also look at the Christmas menu below - can't beat it. You can afford a taxi if you're only gonna pay this for a night out!! Available all through December.

RUSHOUR CHRISTMAS PARTY MENU 2009

STARTERS

Portabella Mushroom baked with tomato and herbs topped with melted goats cheese

Baked mozzarella wrapped in Parma ham served on a sweet tomato chutney

Wild mushroom and Brie risotto

Smoked Salmon roll with prawns and crab in a marie rose sauce served on a garlic crostini

SHARING PLATTERS

Tapas to Share

Homemade Hummus and olives, potatas bravos, spicy chorizo sausage and warm pitta bread

Antipasti to Share

A selection of Italian meats, olives and fresh breads served with olive oils and vinegars

MAIN COURSE

ROAST TURKEY

Turkey stuffed with a apricot stuffing wrapped in streaked smoked bacon and served with gravy and cranberry sauce

STEAK AU POIVRE

Sirloin steak in a creamy peppercorn sauce

v STUFFED PEPPERS

Baked stuffed peppers filled with sweet potato & leek topped with a cheese crust

LAMB SHANK

Slow roasted lamb shank in a red wine with garlic and rosemary served with a redcurrant sauce

All main courses are served with sauté potatoes and vegetables

DESSERTS

Traditional Christmas pudding served with brandy sauce

Fresh cream Profiteroles with warm chocolate sauce

Apple strudel with custard

Chocolate Yuletide log served with cream

£15 for 3 courses or £20 for all courses including sharing platters

I think it would be lovely for Xmas meal party. We hired the whole place once for 3 course dinner for around 30 of us, it was great!

They have a quiz night last wednesday of every month aswell been a few times really good night. Always diffrent food theme ie italian, mexican.Quiz on food and drink and prize for winning table,only £10 PER PERSON.

I would not normally venture down these sides to eat as not heard that many good reviews and the area is a bit tatty, but I think I gotta try this place!

Anyone know a web link that works?

Just where is this fab place please? near to..................?

Just up the road from Ponsford's (towards Woodseats) on Chesterfield Road.

Thank you for that. Does anybody happen to know the opening times?