Boxer dogs- for me, or not for me??

am gettin my own place soon an am thinkin of gettin a dog.

i want a boxer but dont no if its a wise idea as i work full time.

i would b able 2 go walk it on my dinner break etc.

i just want 2 no if they r dogs that r safe 2 b left at home alone whilst am out???

any tips or advise would b very helpfull 2 me.

thanx

I've never owned a dog, but boxer dogs always seem rather lively and boisterous. Not sure if it would be best to leave one inside all day.

Your choice though. :)

am gettin my own place soon an am thinkin of gettin a dog.

i want a boxer but dont no if its a wise idea as i work full time.

i would b able 2 go walk it on my dinner break etc.

i just want 2 no if they r dogs that r safe 2 b left at home alone whilst am out???

any tips or advise would b very helpfull 2 me.

thanx

If you are leaving a boxer in your house on its own you do so at your own risk, they are giddy dogs never mind what age they are at,my m8 breeds them and i used to look after his dog for him when they went away.

One morning the washer was on the dog somehow locked me into the porch and proceeded to rip the plug out of the wall of the washer, then cause it made a bang she panicked and she completely wrecked my kitchen lol.

Don,t get me wrong they are loving dogs, but they need a lot of attention.

Boxers are great dogs, we have one 14yrs old now. leave it in the house while young and you will regret it, ours used to tear the kitchen to pieces,

Brilliant dogs though !!!!!!!!

My brother has one an it totally destroys owt in its path lol, great dogs with loads of character, but absolute varments,

have you been in the pets forum? Lots of useful advice also consider a dog cage for any dog that you will be leaving in the home they are a great training tool when used properly

Boxer dogs are amazing, but also complete mentalists. My boxer used to eat the plaster out of the kitchen walls whenever we left her along. It's also worth remembering that boxers can suffer from a lot of congenital defects like heart/breathing problems due to their breeding.

But if you can put up with all that and have the time and energy to devote to it, getting a boxer dog will be the best thing you ever do!

i had a boxer dog they are lovely dogs but very boistorous, you need a lot of patience, mine never chewed anything but used to jump all over the furniture so many times pulled my curtains down, they are great with the kids so playful good luck.

In my opinion they are the best dog you can have. They have lots of energy, we walked ours 3 times a day and that didn’t exhaust him at all, still had to take him out in the garden for a good play.

They are very boisterous, but a lot of it is down to training in my opinion. Ours wasn’t destructive really. He had a nibble on a table when he was younger, but that was the worst he did. They need a lot of love and attention, but like most things in life, if you put the effort in you reap the rewards.

We have a five year old Boxer, no problems leaving him alone during the day, we have a cage for him, which he loves, it's his space, we never put him in it, he only gets in if he wants, we cover it with blankets so that it is more private and he loves it, in fact it's very difficult to get him out of it. He is a typical Boxer tho, full of energy, love and very boisterous, needs a lot of attention and plenty of physical exercise, it is defiantly worth attending classes from an early age, a well trained dog is a real joy to own, a badly trained dog can be very stressful, and I would also recommend castration/spading. If you have the time and effort to put in, then it will be very rewarding.

I love boxers but take care as you will need loads of time if you get one.

They are pups until the sad day that they die.