Does anybody care about Eurovision?

That went well tonight. Can't believe when they came to annoucing the winner they both said different things.

And that song is already driving me mad, things can only get worse.

I saw some of the entries last night, the winners remind me of a cheap ad! Big Brovaz were much better, but lots of the voters will be my age and probably liked Scoosh's uniforms and a song that reminded them of so many others! :hihi:

Eurovision is one of those annual events that even if you don't really like them, you sort of get drawn into watching. As the eastern European countries have reinvented themselves, its great watching who they vote for, and who they don't?

Always catch the last ten minutes or so when they are taking in the votes, it seems to be taking longer than ever now

Hmmm... I can never understand how someone can watch the voting for something they did not see. Voting remains the most popular part.

They changed the way votes are reported last year. The first half-dozen points don't get read out now, they just get added to the tally, so it's got shorter.

I dont like that at all at all. They are obsessed with keeping the show short to shut the critics up. Who cares about the critics?!

That went well tonight. Can't believe when they came to annoucing the winner they both said different things.

Terry was drunk. Oh that man makes me ill.

I saw some of the entries last night, the winners remind me of a cheap ad! Big Brovaz were much better, but lots of the voters will be my age and probably liked Scoosh's uniforms and a song that reminded them of so many others! :hihi:

I am not a fan either. So camp, they are trying to be younger than their years and the Bucks Fizz reference should not be allowed. I loved Cyndi. I asked myself why should we have a French person sing for UK and then I heard the song and her voice and I loved it. And it carried over to the performance too. Very cool. BUT it reminds me so much of an Irish ballad (as well as the Scottish bits, there are parts that are like an old Irish song).

Cotton bugged me too and why did that one on the panel keep having to say Eurovis'? Ugh.

Seems like Tel has been on the 'sauce' again.

Anyone just seen the total shambles when announcing UK's participants?

Felt sorry for the (French) girl who thought that she had the great honour of representing UK bestowed upon her....for all of ten seconds!

Oh he was hammered. Did you see the beginning of the results show? He could hardly keep his eyes open when she was speaking? How does he get away with so much?

By the way, the not-so-camp one in Scooch... the one who speaks at the beginning and the end... isnt he or wasnt he on one of those annoying scam channels with the questions on the screen and callers ring in but they only ever leave the wrong answers get through?

By the way, the not-so-camp one in Scooch... the one who speaks at the beginning and the end... isnt he or wasnt he on one of those annoying scam channels with the questions on the screen and callers ring in but they only ever leave the wrong answers get through?

It's really bad that I know this, but I'll claim that it's through active interest as a DJ and not because of any other reason, but yes that's right. Scooch have been going for a while, they also did a 'good' version of the theme from Littlest Hobo (ahhh) and this aforementioned bloke was also in a girl band...I remember Saturday morning TV last year showing him and a few other blokes (one being an ex Steps member) dressing up as women to record a music video and trying to pass themselves off as women. I don't think they hit the big time.

The same guy was also in Bucks Fizz for a while.

Yes, he was a presenter on Quiz TV. Cant believe I know that:blush:

Tee hee :D at both of you! :D :D

Eurovision is about as important as the European Cup (ie. not very)

Eurovision is about as important as the European Cup (ie. not very)

Call yourself a gay man?!

Nah... I am not into Eurovision for the gayness of it (is there such a word as gayness?)

:D

I am not a fan either. So camp, they are trying to be younger than their years and the Bucks Fizz reference should not be allowed. I loved Cyndi. I asked myself why should we have a French person sing for UK and then I heard the song and her voice and I loved it. And it carried over to the performance too. Very cool. BUT it reminds me so much of an Irish ballad (as well as the Scottish bits, there are parts that are like an old Irish song).

I thought it sounded too like Celion Dion's?? :huh: Titanic song.