Web hosting help needed

Come on guys, I need some pointers. My sister is about to embark on a new business, cash is tight but she want a website and the ability to trade through it.

Any sensible suggestions for a web host and inexpensive design?

Depends upon what she's doing.

Despite being in the web hosting and site design business not all businesses equate well to e-commerce. She may only need to have a web presence rather than a full blown e-commerce site.

Share with us what she's doing, or PM me off list if you want to chat.

Joe

I have sent you a PM.

Hmmm, the forum won't let me send PM until I've posted a certain number of messages. Please could you PM or email me your email address. I'd like to discuss this with you.

Thanks,

Tony - Deviso Web Development

If you are looking for good value hosting take a look at t3hosting.co.uk. Site isn't fully operational yet but they are taking orders. £14.99 for a years hosting with free domain, 500mb space and 5gb a month bandwith. Which for the price is very good. Drop them a mail for more info

Originally posted by fox20thc

Come on guys, I need some pointers. My sister is about to embark on a new business, cash is tight but she want a website and the ability to trade through it.

Any sensible suggestions for a web host and inexpensive design?

Do a google search for "free commercial web hosting" or somesuch. It should be possible to find some somewhere.

Then go to http://www.freewebtemplates.com and check it out (or any other of the free web template sites on the net, natch)

Or recruit anyone she knows who has ever mentioned they were something in web development, and call in a favour.

DIY and its all for free.

Few words of oft learned wisdom...

"You get what you pay for"...

Free and cheap as chips webhosting and domain name registration tend to come with caveats up the yazoo including things like... massive fee's to transfer away.. long down times, dire support, etc...

.. and if your sister wants her business to be taken seriously then DIY pages are a no-no...

If money really is that big an issue, she'd do well to consider that barter and payment in kind is always a good option so if she has some tradeable skills then that may get her what she needs without costing in cash...

Best of luck... :)