Osgathorpe park

Thanks for the photos - brought back memories.

The house has situated at what now is the top of Osgathorpe Drive (I think the semis on that road were built in the 60s). Behind the house were stables etc, an orchard and a flat field which we used for cricket. On one side of the house were allotments (stretching towards Grimesthorpe Rd) on the other side were steep embankments, known locally as Erdies Field, which were great for sledging down in the winter and sliding down on cardboard or mum's tray during the summer. Lower down the banking were all the allotments stretching down to Earl Marshall road, then further allotments to Page Hall.

I don't remember any graves though.

There are a couple of pictures of Osgathorpe House in the 1890s here:

Osgathorpe House, 1890s

Osgathorpe House, 1890s

Osgathorpe House was still standing and inhabitable in 1936. My wife's paternal grandparents lived there from about 1920 until they moved to a new house near the top of Whirlowdale Road in 1936. The pictures on Flickr are the same ones that we have; although we do have close-up views of the entrance overlooking the pond with her grandparents and her father as a small child in the early 1920's.

Mike C-M

there used to be wells and a pond at the earl marshal end and if you walked to the whiteways end there were open spaces where we played football we knew it as herdies field many a happy hour spent there

My surname is Osgathorpe, my past family owned the ground and It should stay as it is, if possible now, I have just begun researching my surname 

My name is Shaun Mark Osgathorpe 

Anyone is welcome to challenge me about my name, but my family should be where we are supposed to be!!!